Coca-Cola backs millennium push
- NMEC chief shrugs off criticism of Forum to vet Millennium dome ads. // Marketing Week;7/30/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p8
States that Liam Kane, managing director of the New Millennium Experience Company, defended his decision to establish the Millennium Marketing Forum. Function of the Forum; Where Forum would be held; Identity of Forum members; Comments from Kane.
- 2000 or Bust! Stodder, Gayle Sato // Entrepreneur;Jan1999, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p40
Focuses on the year 2000 millennium mania, which is one of the biggest marketing event. Example of company that includes the word `millennium'; How people are preparing for the millennium; Reason for the millennium mania.
- 2000 to avert industry crisis. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec98, p8
Reports that the event industry is set to see off an economic showdown as marketers plan millennium events. Percentage of marketers that are planning a corporate event to mark the millennium; Plans to entertain clients and customers as well as staff; Plans for product launches for 2000.
- ...As NMEC moots slashing marketing budget. // Marketing Week;9/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p5
Reports that the New Millennium Experience Co. is considering reducing the marketing budget of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England to save costs. Expected sponsorship support; Marketing spendings for July and August 2000.
- Millennium-mad: Fetes draw UK's biggest sponsorhips. Considine, Pippa // Marketing News;01/04/99, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p2
The article reports on the anticipated coming of the new Millennium in 2000 and the launching of some of the biggest sponsorships for the celebration at the Greenwich Royal Observatory in London, England. The Greenwich Royal Observatory has adopted the "home of time" title because it lays claim...
- Marketing week diary. // Marketing Week;1/22/1998, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p32
Presents information on various issues pertaining to the marketing industry. Information on the problems Paul Simons, chief executive officer of TBWA Simons Palmer faced with a classic 1986 Porsche 911 Turbo; Circumstances surrounding the resignation of Stephen Bayley, former creative chief of...
- Why bother with the Dome? Couldwell, Clive // Marketing Event;May98, p24
Focuses on the sponsorships for the New Millennium Experience Company. Role of the International Marketing Group on the sponsorships; Comments from Niels de Vos, general manager for sponsorship at the New Millennium; Benefits of sponsorships. INSET: How to take part.
- Dome chief leaves for sports role. Baird, Roger // Marketing Week;5/6/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p5
Reports on New Millennium Experience Co. (NMEC) commercial director Kevin Johnson's departure from the company to join sports marketing agency Advantage Co. as head of sponsorship and event sales in Great Britain. Johnson's reasons for leaving NMEC; NMEC's plans to fill the position left by...
- Marketers won't let anyone forget millennium. Hale, Debra // Marketing News;07/07/97, Vol. 31 Issue 14, p10
This article focuses on the perception of several entrepreneurs regarding changes in the marketing field, to be bought by the millennium. Futurist Alvin Toffler believes that the millennium, and anticipation of it, will bring everything from a surge in the psychic business to a host of "tacky...