United deal may start show sales
- Reed Elsevier Acquires Maison & Objet/Macef. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep2000, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p24
Reports the contract signed by Reed Elsevier PLC with United News & Media PLC to purchase the company including Miller Freeman Europe. Integration planned for the business; Major exhibitions included in the deal; Significance of the acquisition.
- UNITED SELLS MILLER ARM TO VNU. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;07/19/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 31, p4
Reports that United News & Media PLC is selling the United States division of trade show and publishing subsidiary Miller Freeman Worldwide to publishing conglomerate VNU NV for $650 million.
- Granada weighs media spinoff. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;01/11/2000, Vol. 361 Issue 13, p101
Informs on the rise in the share price of Granada Group PLC following reports it might split its media division from its hotel and catering businesses if it takes over Carlton Communication PLC or United News & Media PLC. Successful takeover of either company possibly triggering a split of...
- Regulators prodded by U.K. mega-merger. Dawtrey, Adam // Variety;11/29/99, Vol. 377 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the merger deal between Carlton Communications and United News & Media. Value of the television group that will be created by the merger; Details of the business operations of Carlton and United News; Response of the London Stock Market to the merger.
- Miller Freeman upgrades with CMP. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age;5/3/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 19, p56
Reports that Miller Freeman's parent company United News & Media purchased CMP Media in May 1999. Amount of money involved in the deal; How the deal could make Miller Freeman a leader in the high technology information industry in the United States; Details of the deal and services involved.
- U.K. media merger to expand Freeman's realm. J.S. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;3/15/96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p18
Presents information on the possible merger between United News & Media PLC and MAI PLC. Involvement of Marshall Freeman, chairman and chief executive officer of Miller Freeman Incorporated; Information on operations to be undertaken by Marshall Freeman.
- UN&M posts rise in pre-tax profits. Cook, Alyson // Marketing Event;Oct97, p8
Presents the report made Miller Freeman's parent company United News & Media company regarding its strong earnings from trade shows. Increase in the company's pre-tax profits in 1997; Company's benefits from the acquisition of Telecom Library.
- UNITED SELLS TRADE MAGS. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;07/26/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 36, p6
Reports on United News & Media PLC's sell of Miller Freeman Europe to Reed Elsevier PLC, a publishing firm in Europe.
- Miller Freeman buys US shows. // Marketing Event;May99, p13
Reports that Miller Freeman has bought United States medical exhibitions and conferences with the acquisition of medical resource company Continuing Medical Education (CME). Plans of Miller Freeman for CME; Products of CME; How Miller Freeman plans to use the acquisition.