- Monthly winner. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Reports that Swindon's World of Leather branch is the winner of the `Cabinet Maker' magazine's Mystery Shopper award for the month of January 2000.
- World of leather great western way. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Evaluates Swindon's World of Leather furniture store.
- Stores snapped up in World of Leather sell-off. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p1
Reports that a consortium of private investors that is believed to include businessman Simon Bee has purchased a part of the business and assets of World of Leather.
- We all pay for the lack of a consumer protection scheme. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p7
Comments how the purchase by a consortium of private investors of certain assets of World of Leather will impact consumer protection issues. Speculation about who the investors are; Plight of consumers left out of pocket by the group's collapse; Forthcoming legislation concerning deposit...
- World of leather. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p11
Evaluates the World of Leather store in Wells Green Retail Park in Birmingham, England.
- Uno in last ditch effort to salvage failing fortunes. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p1
Reports on the massive financial restructuring of British upholstery retailer Uno to ensure its survival in the industry. Reduction of the company's `unfocused' product offer at Uno and the World of Leather which comprise the company; Situations that resulted to negative cash flows for the company.
- Another fine mess Uno management has got itself into. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p7
Focuses on the financial problems of British furniture company Uno. Uncertainty on the company's ability to convince suppliers that they will be paid; Sale of component World of Leather as an option for the company.
- DTI solicitors call time on 'Uno five' trial deliberations. // Cabinet Maker;10/18/2002, Issue 5309, p1
Reports on the trail date against several directors of Uno Corp. in Great Britain. Disqualification of the directors by the department of trade and industry; Debt of the company and World of Leather; Accusations against the companies.
- Virtual Leather. Witthaus, Michele // Marketing Week;11/26/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p55
Highlights the implementation of Visualiser, a system of developing a display unit that will allow customers to visualize sofas against a variety of different backgrounds, by World of Leather, a furniture company. Comments from Steve Burke, marketing executive of the company; Impact of the...