- Board games. // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p12
Features several upholstery fabrics from fabric design firms in Great Britain. Trivit from Niche International; Winbourne from Hill & Knowles' Dorchester collection; Blendworth Fabrics' Carlotta collection.
- New Blendworth sister company serves top end. // Home Furnishings;Sep95, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p37
Reports on the launching of Blendworth Fabrics' sister company called Niche International. Other companies under Sixten & Cassey which are part of the Home Interiors 1995 exhibition.
- The fabric of my life, in three piles. Bird, Peggy // Christian Science Monitor;6/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 137, p16
Focuses on the task of sorting cloths by fabric. Information on cotton fabrics; Description of the different tasks invovled in sorting of clothes.
- Hot/cold threads. West, A.C. // Popular Science;Feb88, Vol. 232 Issue 2, p73
Polytherm is a chemically treated fabric that warms you when it's cold and cools you when it's hot. The key to Polytherm is a chemical called polyethylene glycol (PEG) that is attached to the fibers in the fabric. Discusses research and possible applications for Polytherm clothing.
- Improvement is widespread. // Textile World;May94, Vol. 144 Issue 5, p19
Reports on the improvement of quality and demand in other fabrics such warp knits, denims and wrinkle-resistant fabrics.
- WR fabrics add to overall market optimism. // Textile World;Jun94, Vol. 144 Issue 6, p19
Reports on the popularity of wrinkle-resistant (WR) fabrics. Projected trend in the WR fabric.
- Electrifying Opportunities. Seyam, Abdelfattah M. // Textile World;Feb2003, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the influence of the continued development of woven fabric technology on electrotextile growth in the U.S. Use of woven fabrics in civilian and military applications; Production of polymeric yarns; Factors considered in forming woven circuits.
- Sales on rise, but profits stall. Chirls, Stuart // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/11/96, Vol. 171 Issue 113, p12
Reports on the sales of textile fabrics in the United States. Effects of price pressures; New fabric products; Projected sales; Performance of higher-priced fabrics.
- Fabric and its terms. // Backpacker;May84, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p14
When you need the right fabric badly enough, words shouldn't get in the way. Here's what some of the fanciest terms really mean.