- M&A Deals Accelerated in First Quarter. Platt, Gordon // Global Finance;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p107
The article reports on the acceleration of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) deals in the first quarter of 2011 in the corporate financing industry worldwide. It states that the M&A activities from January to March of the year have been considered as the strongest quarter since the second quarter...
- CGT to trigger sell-off. Wilson, Bruce // Money Marketing;11/8/2007, p49
The article discusses the changes in the financial advice market in Great Britain as the effects of retail distribution review (RDR) which brought implications and opportunities for individuals and companies. The consolidation of Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) and the sell-up of these...
- Shopping Comparison. // American Banker;8/11/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 154, p1
Offers charts on mergers and acquisitions activity in financial services in comparison to other industries between 2003 and August 2004.
- Merchants of Minn. Buying 1st National. Jackson, Ben // American Banker;5/25/2007, Vol. 172 Issue 101, p20
The article reports on news pertaining to Merchants Financial Group Incorporated during 2007. The author focuses on the financial institution's acquisition of First National Bank of Cannon Falls, Minnesota. First National Bank will be merged with Merchants Bank in Winona, Minnesota as well as...
- Mellon to Buy a Payroll Services Provider. Bloomberg News // American Banker;11/17/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 221, p27
Reports that Mellon Financial Corporation has agreed to buy SourceNet Solutions Incorporated, a provider of accounting and payroll services. Statement that the acquisition will expand Mellon's treasury services business.
- Reliance Financial Acquires Trust Management. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p1
June 16, 2014 (PLANSPONSOR.com) -- The Atlanta-based Reliance Financial Corporation has completed its acquisition of Trust Management, Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas.
- Fresh Ink. // U.S. Banker;Feb2006, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on several acquisitions within the financial institutions in the U.S. First Community Bancorp agreed to buy Foothill Independent Bancorp for 238 million dollars to augment its operations. East West Bancorp Inc. bought Standard Bank for 204 million dollars. Marshall & Ilsley...
- Convergence among banks and insurers not significant. // Westchester County Business Journal;04/23/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 17, p17
Details the dominant and divergent merger and acquisition trends developing in the finance industry in the United States. Goal of broadening product lines; Risk associated with large mergers; Impact of the reduction of technology-related transactions.
- Psychological war. Spilka, George // Electrical Wholesaling;May99, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p73
Offers advice to sellers of companies on `the art of the deal'. Controlling the `psychological battlefield' of negotiations; Establishment of an aggressive price; Deal's critical juncture; Quick closure; Finer points.