Price fixing allegation denied
- A new look at price fixing. Arnold, Ted R. // Automotive Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p4
Opinion. Presents information on antitrust price-fixing with reference to the court case State Oil versus Khan. Information on the ruling in the case; What the ruling means to the manufacturer of distributor of a product; Implications of this ruling.
- When the price is right. Booth, Rupert // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Oct95, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p22
Looks at the decision of price-setting for businesses. Debates on price-setting.
- Ways to whack up your prices: Six of the best. Winkler, John // Director (00123242);Jun95, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p29
Provides information on ways in which businesses can raise prices without alienating customers.
- Company spies encouraged to inform. // Paperboard Packaging;May96, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p50D
Reports on proposals by the European Commission to encourage companies to inform on illegal price-fixing cartels. Waiving of fines for companies that are the first to inform the Commission about cartels.
- Minnesota files more price-fixing charges against lighting reps. // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul98, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the Minnesota Attorney General's office has filed price-fixing charges against three manufacturers' representative agencies. Background on the issue; Investigation on the charges; Companies involved in the lawsuit.
- Companies settle price fixing suit over citric acid. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/16/96, Vol. 250 Issue 25, p17
Reports that the four companies accused by customers of fixing prices on citric acid have agreed to settle a class action suit. Names of the companies sued; Suit and settlement as evidence of the US Department of Justice;s probe into the pricing practices in the food and feed industries.
- Focus on the pocket price. // Management Today;Jun95, p12
Discusses the importance of proper analysis of transaction pricing in companies. Profit sensitivity; Distribution costs; Risks in average costing; Importance of management information systems.
- Inferring collusion from pricing behavior. Adams, Donald R.; Hwang, Ming J. // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1991, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the inferring of collusion from pricing behavior. Article published in the `Atlantic Economic Journal' September 1988 issue; Replacement of the elastic demand curve of a firm by the inelastic industry demand curve; price increase in the face of decreasing demand as evidence of...
- Fabrics go monochrome. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;06/18/99, Issue 5142, p4
Reports that upholstery company Orior by Design has added a collection of fabrics to its existing ranges.