Speaking the Same Language
- Building dictionary. // RSI: Roofing, Siding, Insulation;Nov2007, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p32
The article evaluates the new dictionary of intelligent building terms from the Building Intelligence Group.
- FUNDAMENTAL Changes. Ehrlich, Paul; Goldschmidt, Ira // Engineered Systems;Mar2010, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p19
The article offers information on the significant changes in control systems in the U.S. building industry. It notes that leading edge buildings in Europe prove that it is possible to make a comfortable high performance building which uses 75 percent less energy than usual building in U.S. It...
- Living in the state of digital encyclopedia. Goodwin, Michael // PC World;Mar95, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p325
Discusses improvements on the quality of digital encyclopedia. Lack of comprehensiveness of past digital encyclopedia titles; Titles with most recent and comprehensive contents; Search for missing information items.
- NewWords.com. Bloom, Eric // Community College Week;10/19/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p4
Looks at technology-related terms added to dictionaries as of October 1998. Meaning of some of the terms; Impact on the English language; Comments from Richard Lederer, a linguist and language columnist.
- The bottom line. Shoemaker, Joel // School Library Journal;Feb95, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p28
Questions if CD-ROM encyclopedias are worth the cost. Why to choose an encyclopedia on CD-ROM over print; How price is not the deciding factor; Which is more expensive.
- MPEG. // Essential Internet;2003, p139
The acronym "MPEG" is presented. It refers to Motion Picture Experts Group which its systems encode and compress digital sound and video files to a format that can easily be stored in compact discs (CDs) or transmitted across networks. There are several varieties of MPEG encoding exist, each...
- Magazine launching sustainable buildings conference. // Snips;May2010, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p32
The article offers information on the Sustainable Solutions Conference to be held by "Engineered Systems" magazine and Building Intelligence Group from June 8-9, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1432
The article offers information on the National Institute of Standards and Technology. It is a federal agency that proposes and develops standards of measurement and the means to support advances in technology. The information is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," published by F.A....
- FROM THE EDITOR. Krajka, Jarosław // Teaching English with Technology;2015, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various issues including impact of online dictionaries usage on undergraduate students of English as foreign language, use of technology for enhancing learner autonomy, and teacher perceptions of technology in Indonesia.