'Outside-the-Box' Thinking Produces Outside-the-Building Mech. Room
- IWCO Direct to acquire Transcontinental Direct's U.S. Operations. // American Printer;Mar2010, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the agreement by IWCO Direct to acquire Transcontinental Direct's U.S. operations in Warminster and Hamburg, Pennsylvania, in Downey, California, and in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Intelligent motor control maximises HVAC efficiency. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Jan2010, p33
The article discusses a report from Rockwell Automation that gives an outline on the cost-effective upgrade of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Transcontinental eliminates 1500. Todé, Chantal // DM News;2/23/2009, p4
The article reports on the elimination of 1,500 jobs and cost-cutting measures made by Transcontinental Direct USA Inc. throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. It states that the elimination of jobs is due to a number of postponed or cancelled projects by the customers of Transcontinental that...
- Cutting Labor Costs at What Expense? Bessette, Bill; Bush, Jefferv S.; Petillo, Mark; Petillo, Kim // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2011, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "Cutting Labor Costs and Losing Money" in the January 2011 issue of "Restaurant Hospitality."
- REEXAMINATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INTERNATIONALIZATION AND FIRM PERFORMANCE. Chi-Ming Ho; Li-Min Chuang; Chi-Yu Chen // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;Nov2011, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p450
The purpose of this study is to build a framework for systematic analysis, reexamining the relationship between internationalization and firm performance from a contextual view. The evidence reveals that: (1) The inconsistence of the relationship between internationalization and firm performance...
- Update on the Portable Market. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/29/2009, Vol. 237 Issue 9, p6
The article presents updates on the portable cooling market in the U.S. It states that portable air conditioning systems are creating a strong market for contractors. It notes that the portable cooling market has evolved to meet many specific market needs, including data centers and satisfaction...
- Massachusetts Building Opts For Hybrid Plant. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/12/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 11, p9
Focuses on the installation of a mix of direct-gas-fired absorption chillers and electric-drive centrifugal chillers to provide cooling to the McCormack Building in Boston, Massachusetts. Companies that led the project; Functions of the gas-fired chillers; Cooling capacity in the building; Cost...
- Redefining Compensation in Challenging Times. Kennedy, Peter W. // Employee Benefits Journal;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p63
Reviews common approaches to compensating employees and suggests cost-effective alternatives for sustaining an organization's critical pool of talent during and following a period of economic uncertainty and beyond. Importance of appreciating economic uncertainty and understanding various...
- Auditing the Employee Benefits Program. Sutton-Bell, Nancy; Todd, Jerry D. // Benefits Quarterly;1989 Fourth Quarter, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p51
A systematic approach is developed for analyzing and evaluating employee benefit plans, specifically the benefits and costs of employer-sponsored medical. disability, life and pension plans. Survey forms are presented to emphasize a concise set of evaluative factors for maximizing...