Are Leadership Positions with High Turnover Rates "Haunted"?
- Exit, Voice, Loyalty, and Neglect as Responses to Job Dissatisfaction: A Multidimensional Scaling Study. Farrell, Dan // Academy of Management Journal;Dec1983, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p596
This study focuses on workers' responses to job dissatisfaction. It is suggested that four theoretical categories--exit, voice, loyalty, and neglect-characterize a diverse group of more specific behaviors (e.g., turnover, absenteeism, lateness, talking to supervisor, requesting a transfer). A...
- Individual Exploration to Organizational Commitment or Withdrawal. Stumpf, Stephen A.; Hartman, Karen // Academy of Management Journal;Jun84, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p308
The organizational commitment or withdrawal process was investigated for a sample of 85 individuals using a longitudinal research design and path analysis. Career exploration activity two months prior to entry predicted organizational entry and socialization variables, which in turn predicted...
- Sources and Outcomes of Stress in Organizational Settings: Toward the Development of a Structural Model. Parasuraman, Saroj; Alutto, Joseph A. // Academy of Management Journal;Jun84, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p330
An integrated structural model of stress in organizations was developed and tested through path analysis. Results provided qualified support for the causal assumptions underlying the model. Role frustration and short lead times were found to be potent stressors. Felt stress and low...
- The all-new winning team. Waite, Kevin; Britt, Stephanie // Winner;Dec97, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p14
Narrates a story on how to make good choices in life. How children should make choices; Importance of knowing the consequences of each choice; Whom should children turn to when making choices.
- Prediction of early voluntary turnover and job performance: The contribution of a preemployment... Borofsky, Gerald L.; Watson, Robert // Psychological Reports;Jun94 Part 1, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p819
Presents a study of the early voluntary turnover and job performance in a group of private contract security officers. Preemployment inventory; Relationship between the number of days an individual remained on the job before quitting and scores on the preemployment inventory; Suggestive...
- A WILD CORPORATE GOLF OUTING. // Finweek;10/5/2006 Supplement, p60
The article reports on the communication and interaction opportunity that golf give to corporate and government leaders. Golf has made changes on the way politicians and executives in South Africa interact with each other. As corporate golf days emerge, improvements on the relationship between...
- IN BRIEF. // Men's Fitness;Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p56
Presents news briefs on health as of March 2002. Link between exercise and decision-making process; Health risk posed by cigarette smoking; Connection between reduced alcohol consumption and decreases in blood pressure.
- DON'T BE HANGRY. Atik, Nilufer // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);3/16/2015, p9
The article focuses on the study by the researchers led by Christy Fergusson which shows that being hungry at the same time angry can affect one's decision making proces.
- Eyes ablaze. Marjot, David // New Scientist;4/3/2010, Vol. 206 Issue 2754, p23
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the wide-eyed appearance of decision-makers in the March 6, 2010 issue.