Pain or Gain: Is There a Bright Side to Juggling Work and Family Roles?
- Job Characteristics as the Antecedents of Work-to-family Enrichment: A Literature Review. Siti Khadijah Zainal Badri; Siti Aisyah Panatik // Journal of Social & Development Sciences;Aug2013, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p394
Work-to-family enrichment refers to the work and family interdependency which is beneficial to the human being. It is a positive construct which views the work-family relationship in a positive perspective. Work-to-family enrichment is a situation where the positive experience in work helps to...
- Response of cooperators and competitors in a simulated arms race. Stone, Brenda; Jones, Cindy // Psychological Reports;Dec96 Part 2, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1101
Examines the response of 40 college freshmen classified by social value orientation as cooperators or competitors in a simulated arms race. Usage of six-choice Prisoner's Dilemma game; Usage of the strategy of Graduated and Reciprocated Initiatives in Tension-Reduction to promote cooperation...
- NEGOTIATION TRAINING AND INTERPERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: AN EXPLORATORY STUDY OF EARLY ADOLESCENTS IN ARGENTINA. Nakkula, Michael J.; Nikitopoulos, Christina E. // Adolescence;Spring2001, Vol. 36 Issue 141, p1
Presents a study which assessed the psychological attitudes and behavior of early adolescents in Buenos Aires, Argentina before and after completion of negotiation training under the Program for Young Negotiators training model. Program description; Method; Results and discussion.
- Relearning to tell time. Levine, Robert // American Demographics;Jan98, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Uncovers the strategies on how to adjust to another culture's time sense. Lessons for clock timers who wish to understand the temporal logic of slower cultures; Importance of punctuality; Understanding the line between work time and social time; Studying the rules of the waiting game.
- Poor management curbs enthusiasm. // USA Today Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 127 Issue 2639, p4
States that poor time management of non-profit organizations is the reason why volunteers do not want to commit themselves. Research made by the United Parcel Service on the subject; What motivates people to do volunteer works.
- Grounding time-use in microspace: Empirical results. Michaelson, William // Social Indicators Research;Nov93, Vol. 30 Issue 2/3, p121
Examines the possibility to utilize time-use measures to document the extent of differences in everyday behavior in Sweden. Use of self-administered, precoded time budgets; Validation of data by the results of observation in common spaces; Provision of explanation and information by the time-use...
- Prime Time With Kids. Erickson, Donna // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 156, pB5
The article focuses on the different methods to spend quality time management with the family such as doing errands together.
- Don't Waste Time. Wilson, Craig // Town & Country;Aug99, Vol. 153 Issue 5231, p66
Emphasizes the importance of time and time management. Things to consider when attending a party; Importance of good manners and planning.
- Perceived gender roles of managers and effective conflict management. Jurma, William E.; Powell, Marjorie L. // Psychological Reports;Feb94, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p104
Examines the perceived conflict-management behavior and effectiveness of a sample of managers who had been rated by subordinates as representing masculine, feminine or androgynous gender-role types. Findings regarding better handlers of conflict situations.