Profitable Business Models and Market Creation in the Context of Deep Poverty: A Strategic View
- Who are the wealth creators? Cooper, Niall // Reform Magazine;Jun2012, p17
The article presents the author's insights on the role of churches in keeping the worth of poor people. The author states that the Methodist Church and other church communities have made a commitment for supporting the people who are considered by the wider society as to be less worthy....
- Inclusive business models: Understanding innovation role. Zuluaga, Diego F.; Rodríguez, Alix // Proceedings of ISPIM Conferences;2014, Issue 25, p1
The concept of inclusive business was built on the idea of identifying sustainable business solutions with a socio-economical impact in low-income population. Although innovation is accepted as crucial to develop inclusive business initiatives there is a lack of works that address how innovation...
- RACE, POVERTY, AND "CURRENT CONDITIONS". Nichol, Gene // Wake Forest Law Review;Fall2014, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p791
The article offers information on the economic, social and health conditions of poor people in South American region particularly Charlotte in North Carolina, which reflects several national problems such as higher levels of child poverty, income inequality, and low rates of educationality....
- Social Stereotypes in Communicative Formulae: Sociometric Approach. Zavyalova, Natalya // Asian Social Science;Aug2014, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p242
The focus of the article is centered on society through the prism of communication. Modern data extraction and information retrieval methods allow building a new vision of communicative process. The article is focused on the example of language idiom representations and omnibus survey, which...
- Plight of the poor hits close to home. Sandoval, Moises // National Catholic Reporter;3/22/96, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p15
Looks at the worsening plight of the poor in the United States. Legislative bills with a dire effect on the plight of the poor; Growing number of appeals from charities for assistance.
- The urban agenda. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;12/9/95, Vol. 86 Issue 49, p5
Comments on the various black propaganda directed at bad-mouthing the poor and treating people as less than human in New York, New York. Increase in violence directed among young people; Heaping humiliation on welfare recipients; Need for less propaganda gimmicks in breaking the chain of...
- Gambling ban aims to 'save the poor'. RÁKOS, TOMÁŠ // Prague Post;10/10/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 41, pD2
The article reports that a gambling ban has been imposed in Hungary to prevent harmful social effects on poor people.
- How We Can Help the Poor. // Finance & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p2
Introduces a series of articles in the December 2000 issue of the 'Finance & Development' magazine which describes the resources available in the fight against poverty. Statistical figures that indicates the prevalence of poverty in several regions; Vulnerability of the poor to various sufferings.
- Poverty is Powerlessness and Voicelessness. Narayon, Deepa // Finance & Development;Dec2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p18
Discusses the characteristics of poor peoples' lives. Multidimensional nature of poverty; Specificity of poverty to a particular place and social group; Powerlessness and voicelessness of poor people; Quality of their interactions with institutions; Challenge posed to policymakers and workers...