On the Diversity of Diversity: Tidy Logic, Messier Realities
- Viewing Diversity Through Different Lenses: Avoiding a Few Blind Spots. Bell, Myrtle P.; Berry, Daphne P. // Academy of Management Perspectives;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p21
The article is a response to the article "Making the Difference: Applying a Logic of Diversity," by Scott Page in this issue of the journal. The author surveys relevant academic literature concerning the logic of diversity, including a study published by Cox and Blake in 1991. The author also...
- The Prudential brings diversity training to campus. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p44
Provides insight on the Managing Diversity training program for middle-management and senior executives conducted by The Prudential company starting 1990. Diversity workshop given by Prudential to college students; Other job-related workshops offered by Prudential.
- Diversity products catalogue. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Nov96, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p65
Presents the catalogue `Honoring Differences,' from PROgroup Products featuring products and programs for teaching diversity in the workplace. Contact information.
- Diversity Training Helps Smooth a Complex Mix. DeMasters, Karen // Business News New Jersey;12/05/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 49, p22
Comments on the growing importance of workplace diversity training programs for executives. Examples of common diversity-related problems executives will face in the workplace of the future; Significance of such programs in boosting work relations according to consultants.
- in memoriam. // T+D;Jul2013, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p9
An obituary is presented for diversity management consultant R. Roosevelt Thomas Jr., head of the Roosevelt Thomas Consulting & Training consultancy and Founder of the American institute for Managing Diversity.
- Preventing culture clashes. Jana, Reena // InfoWorld;04/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p95
Discusses ways of avoiding and resolving culture clashes in information technology (IT) workplaces in the United States (U.S.) as more foreign workers in the technology field enter the U.S. Number of H1-B work visas released by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service as of April 2000;...
- Out of isolation: Diversity connections. // Training & Development;Oct94, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p36
Presents the relation of four business approaches to valuing and managing diversity in the workplace. Links between diversity efforts and total quality management initiatives; Importance of team building; Decisions from diverse employees on reenginering customer services.
- Culturally compatible HR strategies. Greene, Robert J. // HR Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p115
Focuses on the cultural aspects to be considered in the development of human resource strategies. Definition and evaluation of company culture organization; Importance of proper assessment; Interpretation of results; Insight into organizations with poorly defined or fragmented cultures;...
- What's Your OQ? Reingold, Jennifer; Yang, Jia Lynn // Fortune;7/23/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p98
The article presents a discussion on informal social networks within office environments. The author contends that these networks are as important as formal office relationships for doing business. The article profiles telecommunications company Bell Canada's chief executive officer (CEO)...