Viewing Diversity Through Different Lenses: Avoiding a Few Blind Spots
- On the Diversity of Diversity: Tidy Logic, Messier Realities. Klein, Katherine J.; Harrison, David A. // Academy of Management Perspectives;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p26
The article is a response to the article "Making the Difference: Applying a Logic of Diversity," by Scott Page in this issue of the journal. The authors focus their critique on the simplicity of Page's arguments and frameworks, contending that the reality of the workplace is not so simply...
- Identidad y fragmentaciÃ³n en las sociedades multiculturales. GARCÍA MARTÍNEZ, Alejandro Néstor // Persona y Derecho;2011, Issue 65, p97
Today's multicultural societies are the result of a lengthy modernization process. The consequences of this process in social structures and individual personalities have been widely analyzed from many disciplines, including philosophy, politics, law and sociology. This paper tries to show,...
- In defense of stereotypes. Kreyche, Gerald F. // USA Today Magazine;Jan96, Vol. 124 Issue 2608, p98
Opinion. Looks at the author's views about stereotypes. Charles Dickens' literary stereotypes; Use of stereotypes in seeking criminals by federal agencies; False stereotyping in the Oklahoma City Federal Building bombing.
- Sex stereotyping in the workplace: A manager's guide. Kelly, Eileen P.; Young, Amy Oakes // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p23
Provides managers with a practical guide to sex stereotyping in the workplace by identifying what it is, discussing the legal issues surrounding it and providing suggestions for minimizing it. Information about sex stereotyping in the workplace; Circumstances wherein sex stereotyping in the...
- DOÅšWIADCZANIE TOÅ»SAMOÅšCI W WARUNKACH WIELOKULTUROWOÅšCI. Golka, Marian // Przeglad Zachodni;2012, Issue 1, p3
Contemporary experience of identity began to undergo radical changes under the influence of numerous factors, multiculturality included. Multiculturality is understood here as an awareness of the co-occurrence of two or more social groups with relatively different cultural features within the...
- The involvement of our identity in experiential memory. Persson, Ingmar // Canadian Journal of Philosophy;Dec97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p447
Comments on the role of an individual's identity in experimental memory, identifying several aspects of the identity presupposition. Subject of the content of experimental memory; Hypothesis drawn from research conducted; Basis of the claim that M-link presupposes an identity.
- Defining America: Ideals vs. just an address. Schmookler, Andrew Bard // Christian Science Monitor;5/28/98, Vol. 90 Issue 127, p11
Comments on the search for the American identity in the late 1990s. How the United States is unique in its founding on idealistic issues; How immigrants have changed the identity of the US; The cultural civil war and its impact on our national identity; Why mass entertainments and consumer...
- Recovering our identities. Angus, Denis Okanee // Saskatchewan Sage;Jan2000, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p4
Relates experiences in recovering the identity as Native women in Saskatchewan. Role of women in Saskatchewan; Information on the traditional role of women in community and at home; Realization of the author in treating the women and kids in the community.
- Read Any Good People Lately? Kaebnick, Gregory E. // Hastings Center Report;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p3
Introduces a series of articles on personal identity.