Making the Difference: Applying a Logic of Diversity
- The Management of Organizational Justice. Cropanzano, Russell; Bowen, David E.; Gilliland, Stephen W. // Academy of Management Perspectives;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p34
The article discusses the role of organizational justice (OJ) in business management. The authors discusses the benefits of a commitment to OJ and suggest ways of implementing more just practices. The authors discuss three components of OJ, including distributive justice, procedural justice, and...
- The Keys to Building a Courageous Staff. HALL, SHELLEY F. // Image Source;May2015, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p36
The article suggests tips for developing a courageous staff which includes giving ability and authority to staff for solving customer problems, providing opportunities to staff for demonstrating courage and rewarding their honesty and personal responsibility.
- Using Generative Metaphor to Intervene in a System Divided by Turfism and Competition: Building Common Vision. Barette, Frank J.; Cooperrider, David L. // Academy of Management Best Papers Proceedings;1988, p253
This paper proposes that the way to help a group liberate itself of dysfunctional defensive routines is through the introduction of "generative metaphor". By working at a tacit / indirect level of awareness / group members are able to generate fresh perception of one another allowing for the...
- The Ultimate Glass Ceiling Revisited: The Presence of Women on Corporate Boards. Arfken, Deborah E.; Bellar, Stephanie L.; Helms, Marilyn M. // Journal of Business Ethics;Mar2004 Part 2, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p177
Has the diversity of corporate boards of directors improved? Should it? What role does diversity play in reducing corporate wrongdoing? Will diversity result in a more focused board of directors or more board autonomy? Examining the state of Tennessee as a case study, the authors collected data...
- Exercise your brain with problem solving. Maurer, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/1/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p10
The author discusses several guidelines to improve one's ability on problem-solving which includes data gathering and categorizing, observe the mathematical problem, and finding the insight.
- Junior Whirl. Kaufman, Hal // Wilson County News;1/28/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p7E
A quiz concerning the mathematical ability to solve the problem is presented.
- Minnesota's Future is in Good Hands! // Learning Matters;10/30/2015, p25
An excerpt from the article "Minnesota's Future is in Good Hands!" is presented, which focuses on the participation of Minnesota students at the International Conference of the Future Problem Solving Program.
- Make tough decisions--and stand by them. Wilkerson, Jerry // Nation's Restaurant News;11/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p22
Opinion. Comments on the prevalence of the Decision Avoidance Disorder (DAD) in all aspects of society in the 1990s as people seem unable to make decisions on anything from contracts to relationships. Symptoms of DAD; Implications of decision avoidance; Instances when the decision avoidance...
- Asking the 'right' questions. Dawe, James // Mathematics Teaching;May2009, Issue 214, p26
The article offers information on an activity initiated by a math teacher in Great Britain. The teacher declared a question on a polygon and its diagonals. A student who finds the subject easily joined the discussion. The teacher then interrogates the student on the problem and the student...