Domestic-Partner Benefits Regardless of Marital Status?
- Montana Supreme Court says same-sex couples due benefits. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/6/2005, Issue 889, p26
Reports that the Montana Supreme Court ruled that Montana universities' policy of denying domestic partner benefits to gay and lesbian couples is unconstitutional. Health insurance; Violation of Montana Constitution's guarantee of equal protection; Reversal of District Judge Thomas Honzel's 2002...
- MARYLAND. Radosta, Jim // Just Out;Oct2004, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p23
Reports that Mout Rainier, Maryland, has extended health care and bereavement coverage to same-sex and opposite-sex domestic partners of employees. Other state jurisdictions that offer such benefits.
- Majority of big firms covering domestic partners. Shepherd, Leah Carlson // Employee Benefit News;Sep2006, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on an increase in the number of companies in the U.S. that are providing domestic partner benefits among same-sex couples. According to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), a gay rights advocacy group, 51% of Fortune 500 companies have been offering such benefits in 2006 up from...
- Domestic Partner Benefits For The New Millennium. Dorgan, III, William J. // Modern Machine Shop;Jan99, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p118
Looks into the benefits offered by companies in the United States to same-sex domestic partners. Companies offering health insurance coverage to same-sex partners; Shortage in skilled employees; Changes in the concept of family.
- Lawrence domestic partner registry could be a boon for all of Kansas. Silver, Diane // Liberty Press;Feb2007, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p17
The article focuses on the proposed creation of a domestic partner registry in Lawrence, Kansas. If approved, the proposal would provide same-sex couples in the state with legal means to prove they are in a committed relationship. This would likewise help gay and lesbian couples take advantage...
- Lawsuit dropped over city's lack of same-sex couple benefits. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/14/2006, Issue 977, p28
The article reports that two lesbian couples have decided to drop their lawsuit against the city of Colorado Springs in Colorado over its 2003 decision to revoke benefits for same-sex couples. The City Council rescinded the benefits to same-sex partners of city workers in 2002 which paved the...
- How Will Civil Unions Affect Your Benefits Package? Rich, John E.; Stevens, Charla Bizios // Business NH Magazine;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses issues and topics related to the significance of civil unions to benefit package offerings in New Hampshire. It was mentioned that the NH legislature has passed law which gives gay and lesbian couples the same rights as married couples. Such action has caused confusion...
- Pitfalls await employers adopting partner benefits. KOSTER, KATHLEEN // Employee Benefit News;Jun2009, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses issues that should be considered by employers in the U.S. adopting equal benefits for same-sex couples and their families. Carol Tavella of SMART Business Advisory & Consulting advises these employers to make sure that taxation and imputed income issues are handled properly...
- WORLD NEWS: INTERNATIONAL. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;2/20/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p23
Reports that the United Nations has extended benefits to employees' same-sex spouses and registered domestic partners.