Relocation Functions Move Online
- Web lets teens visit new towns in advance. King, Rachael // Crain's New York Business;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p31
Examines how the Internet is taking some of the pain out of relocating for teenagers who are forced to follow their job-hopping parents in New York City. Popularity of web sites involving schools; Chance for families to scour their new hometown even before they arrive.
- CRCWNET opens second office in Parsons building. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, pA4
Reports on CRCWNET's relocation of its administrative staff to a second-floor office in the Parsons building in Wenatchee, Washington. Response to growth in Internet accounts and need for additional technical support staff; New office as a low-traffic, low-impact customer-service facility.
- More e-mail scandal. Livingston, Brian // InfoWorld;1/6/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the flaws and limitations of e-mail processes on the Internet. Concern on unsolicited bulk email; Evidences on email inefficiency according to a study; Factors which contribute to the inefficiency of email.
- Thank You, Spam. Hauenstein, Ron // Advisor Today;Oct2003, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p86
Shares insights on the influx of Spam mails in the Internet. Cases of Spam mails; Comments that some of the Spam mail lacks imagination; Need for some spammers to focus more on the market research.
- The UCE (Spam) War and Its Impact on E-Mail. Notess, Greg R. // Online;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p55
Deals with the impact of spam or unsolicited e-mail messages on the Internet. Implications of using e-mail as a tool for direct marketing campaigns; Effect of spam on e-mail traffic; Defenses that end-users can use against spam.
- Reader feedback on banning attachments to e-mail brings out a range of opinions. Connolly, P. J. // InfoWorld;04/09/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p62
Discusses several concerns on banning electronic mail attachments. How to determine executable attachments; Tips for opening attachments; Alternatives to using anti-virus packages.
- Video E-Mail. Noack, David // Link-Up;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Presents information on video and voice e-mail messaging over the Internet. Advantages of video and voice e-mail messaging; Equipment needed for video e-mail; Details of Web-based services and programs that allow users to utilize video and voice e-mails.
- DORMAT PROTOCOL. Charlton, Hannah // Management Today;Mar2001, section e p20
Relates the author's experience with electronic mails in Great Britain. Habit of the author in sorting mails according to interest; Infiltration of spam mails; Phases of Internet development.
- Seeing and being seen. Dancer, Helen // Australian Personal Computer;Jan1999, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p49
Talks about privacy issues in relation to the Internet. Experience on how a company obtained her e-mail address; Criticism on health and dental insurance providers; Comments on junk mail.