Dollars Versus Value: Relocating Key People
- Competitive relocation policies are vital in a tight labor market. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/18/2000, Issue 322670, p13
Focuses on the importance of a relocation package of a company to the labor market in the United States. Basis for relocation packages; Failure of companies to offer formal relocation packages; Changes in and variations of a relocation package.
- Tipps fÃ¼r globale EinsÃ¤tze. // Die Bank;jun2013, Issue 6, p69
The article provides information about the services of Global Mobility Services (GMS), an alliance of companies specializing in aiding and advising companies seeking to send employees to work in foreign countries.
- Weekly dilemmaâ€¦ Redundancy on closure of business. Ince, Tom // Personnel Today;1/29/2008, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on employee relocation and redundancy pay.
- Labor FACTS. // Landscape Contractor;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p8
Presents statistical facts on the labor sector in the U.S. Percentage of U.S. citizens who moved in 2000 because of new jobs or job transfers; Rate of those who moved to be closer to work, school or another such establishment.
- Movements and shake-ups. // People Management;6/22/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p22
Answers questions on how to transfer staff legally to where the work is. Information on the express mobility clause contained in an employment contract; Possibility of implying a mobility clause in a contract that does not mention a place of work; How to deal with employees who refuse to be...
- 4: Tui overseas staff slam plan to force them to move resort every two years or resign. Hall, Melanie // Travel Weekly (UK);10/4/2012, Issue 2137, p6
The article reports that a mobility clause has been included by TUI UK Ltd. in its staff contracts, according to which overseas resort staff will have to relocate to a different country every two years or resign.
- Council denies parking staff relocation plan is 'driven by greed'. // Personnel Today;1/31/2006, p4
This article reports that Westminster Council has hit back at union claims that plans to relocate hundreds of jobs to the north of Scotland are driven by pure greed. Unison and the GMB union are threatening strike action, claiming that as many as 400 staff at Vertex, a company that takes payment...
- International Assignments as a Career Development Tool: Factors Affecting Turnover Intentions among Executive Talent. Stahl, G�nter K.; Chua, Chei Hwee; Caligiuri, Paula; Cerdin, Jean-Luc; Taniguchi, Mami // INSEAD Working Papers Collection;2007, Issue 24, p1
International assignments have become an integral part of individuals' careers and are considered one of the most effective talent development tools. Yet, one problem that is particularly acute from a talent development perspective is that of high turnover rates among repatriates. 1,779...
- Your move. Healy, Kathleen // Employers Law;Feb2004, p14
Discusses several issues that employers should consider in handling the transfer of work. Existence of a mobility clause in the employment contract; Offer of a suitable alternative employment; Impact of a short-distance relocation; Ways to make a relocation successful.