- Nortel Networks to acquire Promatory. DeVeaux, Paul // America's Network;02/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p12
Reports that Nortel Networks is planning to acquire Promatory Communications Inc. in the United States. Cost of the acquisition plan; Purpose of Nortel to acquire Promatory.
- Week in review. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/14/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p10A
Reports on developments related to business enterprises in Long Island, New York as of the week of January 14, 2000. Includes Roslyn Bancorp's leasing of space at the One Jericho Plaza; Nortel Networks Corp.'s plan to acquire Promatory Communications Inc.; Selection of Roberto Perez as...
- Mergers/acquisitions level declines in 1Q. // Bulk Transporter;Jul2008, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p47
The article cites a report which reveals the decline of the deal volume and value in the transportation and logistics industry in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2008. According to PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, when excluding deals in which a U.S. entity was the acquirer or target, the number...
- Nortel and the megavendor innovation myth. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p12
In this article the author discusses the business failure of Nortel Networks Corp. in the U.S. He cites the untimely strategy of the company particularly in granting the interest of its consumers to find a partner with a more stable balance sheet and broader geographic reach. The author notes...
- IBM helps clients drive business returns. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p28
Reports on International Business Machines Corp.'s acquisition of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP's global management consulting and technology services unit. Advantages provided by the merger to both companies; Provisions of the deal.
- LI seen as tempting target for IBM-PWC. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/9/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 33, p4A
Reports on the projections concerning the merger between International Business Machines (IBM) Corp. and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) LLC in Long Island, New York. Job opportunities; Target market of IBM; Cost on the acquisition of PWC by IBM.
- IBM and PwC: Rhyme and reasons. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;8/5/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p70
Comments on the status of the plan of the International Business Machines to acquire PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Hotel investors look out for acquisitions as upturn
approaches. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/18/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4304, p8
Presents the latest Hospitality Directions Europe forecast by consultancy PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC). Level of acquisition activity in the hotel sector in 2004; Remarks from Robert Milburn of PWC on the forecast; Pace of recovery of the industry.
- PwC says transportation and logistics deals slipped in Q4, but 2012 should be a strong year. Berman, Jeff // Logistics Management;Mar2012, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on 32 announced transportation and logistics merger and acquisition deals valued at 12.8 billion U.S. dollars during the fourth quarter of 2011. This is below the 46 deals valued at 14.2 billion U.S. dollars during the third quarter of 2011. The PricewaterhouseCoopers...