- THE WEEK IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/23/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 19, p8
The article offers world news briefs related to the chemical industry. A European acquisition is seen to be closed by United Arab Emirates-based International Petrochemical Investment Co. in the first quarter of 2010. In Switzerland, specialty chemical producer Clariant AG has revealed plans to...
- The High Cost of Closing Operations in Europe. Melville, Donald R. // Directors & Boards;Fall83, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p14
The article probes into the high cost of closing operations in Europe. The cost of plant closing in Europe is potentially high considering labor indemnities to be paid. The case of Norton Co., a manufacturer of abrasives for mining industry is presented. Report notes that Norton like most...
- Littlejohn paying $500 million for Intertape. DeRosa, Angie // Plastics News;5/7/2007, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p8
The article announces the acquisition of specialty packaging firm Intertape Polymer Group Inc. by private equity fund Littlejohn & Co. LLC for $500 million in Saint Laurent, Quebec. Intertape has been undertaking a restructuring process in 2006 to address declining sales volume and narrowing...
- WHEN AN R&D SITE CLOSES. Grimpe, Christoph // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p56
Examines the case of a research and development site closure following the acquisition of a chemical company by a larger one. Structure and background of the acquisition; Evaluation of the acquisition; Reaction of employees to site closure.
- Runaway Plants. Howard, Robert // New Republic;5/26/79, Vol. 180 Issue 21, p16
Comments on the twin economic phenomenon known as the "runaway corporation," and the "runaway plant," as illustrated by the story of Colonial Press in Clinton, Massachusetts. Closure of Colonial Press' printing and binding factory; Number of people employed at Colonial before its mergers with...
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT SHUTDOWNS OCTOBER 5-11,2010. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p25
Several charts on the new projects and permanent plant shutdowns scheduled between October 5-11, 2010 in the petrochemical industry are presented including their location, capacity and the name of the companies.
- Equate plans MEG turnaround. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/20/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 7, p13
The article reports that Equate Petrochemical Co. will shut its monoethylene glycol (MEG) plant in Kuwait. The company is a petrochemical producer and the only MEG producer in Kuwait. The 400,000 metric ton-per-year plant will be close for a month. The shutdown is expected to further tighten MEG...
- Plant Managers Save CSC. // Official Board Markets;8/21/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 34, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of the manufacturing plant of Covalence Specialty Coatings (CSC) LLC in Doswell, Virginia by Specialty Coating and Laminating (SCL) LLC that saved CSC from the announced plans to close it and lay off workers.
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT SHUTDOWNS JULY 2-12,2010. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/19/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 2, p28
A chart is presented that lists several plant shutdowns and new projects including Datang International Power Generation Co. Ltd., Sud-Chemie AG, and the company Xlshan Coal & Electricity Power.