Top power quotes
- Europe firms under threat. Beacham, Will // ICIS Chemical Business;9/27/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 10, p30
The article presents quotes from four commentators including Deloitte's Great Britain corporate finance advisory team assistant director Tom Frankum reporting the aim of chemical companies in Europe to achieve higher growth emerging markets, Boost & Co.'s Joachim Rotering asserting the small...
- PX buying ideas fall on plunging crude. // Asian Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 397, p24
Reports on the status of paraxylene (PX) prices in Europe as of April 20, 2003. Possible effect of buying ideas on PX prices; Comparison of PX price rates; Chemical plant operations of p-terephthalic acid producers in the first and second quarter of 2003.
- QUOTES OF THE WEEK. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/18/2008, Vol. 274 Issue 6, p6
The article presents quotes from head of economic analysis Lai Wah Co commenting on how rising oil and other raw material prices have affected costs, professor Thomas Kosten explaining his clinical trial on a vaccine for cocaine addiction, and Neelie Kroes giving views on the European industry.
- WHO GOT IT RIGHT IN 2010? // ICIS Chemical Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 1, p33
The article presents quotes from Axel Heitmann, Chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Lanxess AG on the recovery of chemical industry in 2010, Antonio Trius, ex CEO of Cognis GmbH on the economic situation in 2010, and Bernardo Gradin, CEO Braskem SA on challenges for the petrochemical...
- Qatar Petroleum, Shell scrap $6.5-billion petchems project. // Chemical Week;1/19/2015, p50
The article reports on a decision by Qatar Petroleum (QP) and Shell not to proceed with the proposed Al Karaana petrochemicals project in Qatar following a careful and thorough evaluation of commercial quotations from engineering, procurement and construction bidders. It is mentioned that Al...
- Quotes of note. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;5/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 491, p13
Presents several quotes from executives in the petrochemical industry regarding the acquisition of Basell by Access Industries and the Chatterjee Group.
- Industry criticized at EPCA for pricing and investment policies. Thomas, Nick // Chemical Week;10/4/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 12, p20
Reports that producers and customers took turns criticizing the European petrochemical industry at the annual European Petrochemical Association meeting in Monte Carlo, Monaco in September, 1995. Producers' inability to introduce forward pricing; Threat posed by the booming Asian market;...
- Chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2009 3rd Quarter, p47
The article focuses on the development of petrochemicals industry in Venezuela in 2009.
- Reaching downstream. I.Y. // Chemical Week;8/31/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 8, pS40
Focuses on China's downstream petrochemical industry. Investment in special economic zones; Synthetic resins market; Synthetic fibers market.