- Tomorrow and the world. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/19/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 16, Sumitomo Chemical p4
Interviews Hiromasa Yonekura, president of Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd. in Tokyo, Japan. Announcement of the new three-year corporate business plan; Re-evaluation of the competitiveness and earnings power for each of the company's operating units on the basis of profitability, technological...
- The Japanese Economy. Yonekura, Hiromasa // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/15/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p213
Presents a speech by Hiromasa Yonekura, president of Sumimoto Chemical Co. Ltd, delivered at the Yale Club in New York, New York on November 5, 2003. Information on the chemical industry in East Asia; Reasons of Japanese companies for not committing petrochemical projects in China; Views on...
- APIC 2008: Overcapacity, Climate Change Are High on the Agenda. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/2/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 17, p18
The article discusses the highlights of the 2008 Asia Petrochemical Industry Conference which was held in Singapore in May 2008. Climate change, high oil prices, escalating engineering and construction costs, and overcapacity were the topics debated by the 1,229 delegates. According to Hiromasa...
- Sumitomo Chairman: Global Shifts Heighten Petrochemical Volatility. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/5/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p17
The article presents the views of Hiromasa Yonekura, chairman Sumitomo Chemical, on volatility in the petrochemical industry. According to Yonekura, who received the 14th annual Petrochemical Heritage Award at the Chemical Heritage Foundation/National Petrochemical and Refiners Association...
- Petchem predictions. // Asian Chemical News;7/14/2003 Supplement, p5
Presents the predictions of several chief executive officers (CEO) of petrochemical companies on the future direction of the petrochemical industry in Asia. Mukesh Ambani, chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries; Hiromasa Yonekura of Sumitomo Chemical; No Ki-ho, president and CEO...
- Trinidad aims high in petrochemicals. Mann, Joseph // Chemical Week;3/26/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p32
Presents information on the plans of Trinidad and Tobago of becoming the leader in petrochemical industry by year 2000. Reason for the growth in Trinidad's petrochemical sector; Capacity and export volumes of methanol plant in Trinidad; International consortium plans of Titan methanol projects;...
- Calls resurface for monthly contract pricing. KERR, SHELLEY // ICIS Chemical Business;4/4/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 12, p16
The article reports that a major European cracker producer said that the reasons to resurrect proposals to shift to monthly methanol contract pricing to manage volatility are uncertainties following the Japanese natural disaster and conflict in the Middle East.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/5/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 4, p6
Presents news concerning the petrochemicals industry as of August 5, 2002. Contract prices of BTX per gallon; Prices of cumene per pound; Spot pricing for methanol products.
- Hiromasa Yonekura. S. R. // Chemical Heritage;Spring2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p12
The article announces that Hiromasa Yonekura has received the Petrochemical Heritage Award from the Chemical Heritage Foundation (CHF).