SBC: Nextel Deal Shows Waivers Work
- Bliley Raps `Closed-door Deal-making'. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/13/99, Vol. 5 Issue 37, p1
Announces the United States (US) House Commerce Committee's inquiry into a pact made by US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) General Counsel Christopher Wright with Nextel Communications Inc. over a set of personal communications service licenses. Accusations against the FCC; Views on the...
- CAPITAL WATCH. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p22
Presents news briefs on legislative issues in the cable industry in the U.S. as of July 2004. Statement issued by Representative Nathan Deal with regard to the practice of fixed channel line ups of the industry; Comment from PBS documentary broadcaster Ken Burns on public television funding;...
- U.S., Canada sign 700 MHz public-safety agreement. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p13
Reports on an agreement between the U.S. and Canada that allows the use of several television channels along the U.S.-Canadian border for public safety in North America in 2005. Benefits of the agreement for public-safety licensees operating in the 700 MHz band near the U.S.-Canada border...
- Nextel--'Allowed to break the law' Swift, Jason // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p6
Features the Nextel Communication Inc. in the U.S. Complains on property permit fee; Issues on wireless sites; Participation of Federal Communication Commission.
- Toward gentility. Schwaninger Jr., Robert H. // Mobile Radio Technology;May98, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p54
Comments on Nextel Communications' opposition against a petition filed with the US Federal Communications Commission, wherein it was noted that the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau had made errors in granting licenses to Nextel. Nextel's failure to defend the appropriateness of its licenses;...
- Nextel spectrum swap plan meets resistance. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p1
Deals with the opposition to the proposed public-safety spectrum plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Basis of the FCC proposal; Views of mobile-phone operators on the plan; Response of the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials-International to the Nextel plan.
- Nextel Applauds Spectrum Increase. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p6
Reports on the reaction of Nextel Communications Inc. on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to increase available telecommunication spectrum in the 800 megahertz (MHz) band. How Nextel view the FCC decision; Bid of Nextel in the 800 MHz auction.
- C-Block Proposal Favors Nextel. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Focuses on the assurance given to the wireless industry by the United States Federal Communications Commissions (FCC) concerning the license of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Amendment to the budget bill after the failure to achieve spectrum recovery authority for the FCC; Impact of the...
- Nextel publicly supports 911 deadlines, but lobbies for changes. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p6
Explains that Nextel Communications Inc. will face difficulty if its moves forward with plans to try to delay the implementation deadline for wireless enhanced 911 Phase II service beyond December 31, 2005. Support of Nextel for the 911 deadlines; Importance of the 911 Phase II service being...