Polemics And Posturing Near The Takeover Front
- European Hostility. Hanes, Kathryn // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the acquisition of Britain's Vodafone AirTouch by Mannesmann of Germany. Impact of the deal on international investors' perceptions about Europe and the corporate management; Opinion of foreign companies on takeover attacks in Europe.
- Weird Handshakes And Kisses: Welcome To The Wireless Fold. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p12
Deals with several issues related to the consolidation of Vodafone AirTouch plc and Mannesmann AG. Remarks from Mike Caldwell, Vodafone's chief spokesman; Reasons as to why Telefonica de Espana and British Telecom cancelled their proposed merger deal; Cultural implications of the deal.
- Wireless Wonder! Guyon, Janet // Fortune;2/21/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p44
Describes the significance of the Mannesmann merger with Vodafone AirTouch. The company's position as the largest mobile operator; How the deal could set off a wave of foreign investments into Germany.
- Vodafone AirTouch, Mannesmann compete for shareholder support. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p8
Reports on Vodafone AirTouch plc's continuation of its efforts to win support for its hostile takeover bid for German firm Mannesmann AG. Road show initiated by Mannesmann executives aimed at convincing shareholders to reject the bid; Other strategies resorted to by Mannesmann to prevent the...
- A Vodacious Deal. Wallace, Charles P.; Schenker, Jennifer // Time;
Reports on the merger of German telecommunications firm, Mannesmann, and British wireless provider, Vodafone. Why the Mannesmann deal received so much attention; Value of the deal; Number of subscribers and countries that will be served.
- Vodafone AirTouch could increase bid. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p30
Reports on Vodafone Airtouch PLC of Great Britain's preparation to increase its bid for Mannesmann AG if the German firm agrees to discuss a deal. Willingness of Vodafone to make concessions on strategic and management issues.
- Cell to Cell Combat. Miller, Karen Lowry // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);01/31/2000 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 135 Issue 5, p38
Reports regional and global implications of attempts by Mannesmann to resist a takeover by Vodafone AirTouch. How a takeover could affect German-English relations; Details of the acquisitions that led up to the takeover bid; Effects of the potential takeover on the telecommunications industry...
- Vodafone On The Rise. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Mannesman AG by Vodafone AirTouch PLC. Amount of the acquisition; Advantages of the takeover to Vodafone; Impact of the deal with Mannesman's acquisition of Orange plc.
- Vodafone receives valid acceptance for Mannesmann deal. // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p42
Reports that Vodafone AirTouch PLC has received valid acceptance of the company's offer for Mannesmann AG.