Next-gen Handsets On Target
- Riding the WIN-e Wave. Crowe, David // Wireless Review;04/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p34
Provides information on wireless information networks (WIN)-related products. Problems facing WIN; Why network-based prepaid systems provide a good solution to the prepaid fraud problem; Goal of WIN Phase III.
- WIN or Lose. Christensen, Gerry // Wireless Review;10/1/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p50
Focuses on the potential of wireless intelligent networking (WIN) technology for the wireless industry. Infrastructure improvements made by service providers to realize the benefits of WIN regarding networking efficiency; Drawback of WIN versus non-IN solutions; Location-based...
- High costs slow move to wireless data. Bernier, Paula // Inter@ctive Week;11/4/96, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p30
Focuses on wireless data networks. Features and availability; Need for low-cost equipment; Focus of wireless local area network vendors; Product offerings; Pricing concerns; Trend for wireless data public networks. INSET: Let your customers do the walking..
- Understanding Wireless Network Performance. Fischer, John // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p43
Highlights the importance of understanding the key differences between advertised performance and the actual speed delivered by wireless networks. Factors responsible for the variance; Speed of the server providing the data; Claims of substantial speed savings through compression.
- Open Switch Fabric Technology for Wireless Communication Equipment. Miller, Tim // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on the open switch fabric technology for wireless communication equipment. Components of the 3G network; Processing elements used for system control and data stream processing; Benefits of StarFabric Technology.
- Testing to WIN. Ticknor, Jim // Telephony;08/02/99, Vol. 237 Issue 5, p26
Presents information on wireless intelligent network (WIN), a wireless network service. Main categories of WIN service; Details on the complex signaling behind WIN networks; Challenges of WIN testing; Costly part of the service; Possible problem that will occur in deploying WIN service.
- Where the wireless roam. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;08/02/99, Vol. 237 Issue 5, p32
Deals with the challenges faced in uniting the world with international roaming. Percentage of wireless users that were billed for roaming; Reason for the slow growth of international roaming; Members of the Pan-American Roaming Consortium developed by BSI-WS; Other companies that are...
- Ditch The Hype, Sign Up Subs. Astroth, Joe // Wireless Week;12/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on the major role of location-based services in the provision of wireless data services in the United States. Opportunities in the wireless data services; Ways in which operators can leverage location using existing network and handset technologies.
- Guest Editorial. Zabir, Salim; Abbawajy, J. H.; Ahmed, Farid; Karim, Mohammad A. // Journal of Networks;Dec2009, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p929
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the issue of seamless handoff in wireless networks for the next generation, one regarding Vertically Stacked Optical Banyan networks, and one on mechanisms that predict the number of devices connected to an access...