Voice-powered Messaging Apps
- Unified messaging gets real. Frank, Lawrence // Communications News;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the introduction of unified messaging infrastructures that utilize Internet messaging server appliances. Advantages of using messaging-specific appliances supporting standards-based Internet messaging; Problems hindering unified messaging; Security measures integrated into the unified...
- Unified Access. Frank, Lawrence // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p124
Focuses on the development of unified messaging systems in the wireless communication industry. Barriers to unified messaging; Definition of the Internet message access protocol; Impact of wireless-accessible unified messaging around the world.
- Excite Introduces New Instant Messaging App. Heim, Sarah J. // Adweek Midwest Edition;09/25/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p62
Reports that portal and broadband service provider Excite@Home has released Excite Messenger, an online service that offers instant messaging capabilities to Internet users. Features and capabilities of Excite Messenger; Membership of Excite Messenger at IMUnified, a coalition of technology and...
- IM interoperability fight shapes messaging future. Moore, Cathleen // InfoWorld;12/25/2000-01/01/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52/01, p16
Focuses on the efforts of several companies in establishing interoperability among instant messaging (IM) systems. Information on Common Profile for Instant Messaging (CPIM), a common interoperability document developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force; Specification to be published by...
- A Mechanism of Initiative Transmission to Send Message on WEBGIS. Xian-gang Luo; Jing Peng; Zhong Xie // Journal of Geographic Information System;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p1
The paper researched and realized the initiative message transmission mechanism of WEBGIS server based on the N layer architecture of Internet. According to WEBGIS application long business operation as well as server information visualized in client side in real-time features, this article uses...
- Virgin Intros New SMS, WAP Service. // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p23
Reports on the launching of a short messaging service and wireless Internet services by the Virgin Mobile company. Availability of the services; Significance of the InfoSpace's communication services suite on the wireless communication means of Virgin's customers; Information on the InfoSpace...
- Enmeshed by ever more messages. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 237, p12
Discusses the complexity created by the practice of messaging, or leaving messages in any of several formats including e-mail and voice mail. The difficulty in keeping up with one's messages; Questions about why people are so preoccupied with messages; The message capability of the Internet.
- Turning the tables on phoning home. // Engineer (00137758);6/14/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7605, p5
Reports on the Intelligent Table that plays telephone messages created by integrated industrial design student Dominic Smith of Brunel University. Details on how the messages are received; Material used for the table.
- Have You Got the Message? // Scholastic Action;3/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on developing skills on how to take a phone message.