Getting Into The i-Mode: DoCoMo's Plan For Content
- Economic downturn does not affect value proposition of wireless Internet. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p16
Discusses the status of wireless Internet business in the United States as of April 2001. Problem in the development of the business; Reason for the success of NTT DoCoMo in its business.
- THE DOCOMO MOJO. Sharma, Chetan; Nakamura, Yasuhisa // J@pan Inc.;Jan2004, Issue 51, p44
Discusses the NTT DoCoMo wireless data services technologies, business models and global markets as of January 2004. Success factors behind i-mode wireless Internet applications and services of DoCoMo; Common misconceptions among analysts and the press regarding the success factor of i-mode;...
- I-Mode. // Network Dictionary;2007, p241
An encyclopedia entry for "I-Mode" is presented. It refers to a popular wireless Internet service by NTT DoCoMo Inc. in Japan. It is based on a simplified form of HTML and delivers packet-based information to handheld devices. Information includes games, e-mail and business applications.
- Content at Sea. Scott, David M. // EContent;Apr2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on the development of electronic content business in Japan, as of April 2003. Features of the i-mode services offered by NTT DoCoMo; List of activities that can be done on the Internet; Advantages of using wireless devices.
- Brightmail brings spam protection to wireless space. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 46, p2
Reports on the effect of the plan of NTT DoCoMo Inc. to block wireless spam on the operations of the wireless communications industry worldwide. Comparison between Internet and wireless spam; Information on the wireless spam being sent by Brightmail Inc., a wired Internet service provider, in...
- Panel: U.S. will lag on wireless craze. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 35, p6
Focuses on a panel of experts' assessment of potential of wireless devices in the United States. Japanese people's fondness for entertainment on a tiny portable screen; Monopoly of NTT DoCoMo and its i-mode wireless Internet service in Japan.
- NTT DoCoMo suffers 3G setbacks. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the speculations that the October 2001 launch of third-generation (3G) telecommunications networks by NTT DoCoMo Inc. may not be met. Plan of the company to upgrade its i-mode wireless Internet access service; Solution to the 3G problems; Reason for the delay in the launch of i-mode...
- THE FUTURE OF Wireless Internet. Garden, Alex // New Zealand Management;Apr2001, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p77
Focuses on the emergence of the wireless Internet. Failure of the Wireless Access Protocol usability; Creation of data transmission technology via cellular phones; Information on the i-Mode service from NTT DoCoMo which provides wireless access to the Web; Changes brought about the wireless access.
- `Visionist' puts Internet phone in 25,000 new hands per day. Herskovitz, Jon // Advertising Age International;Jul2000, p22
Discusses NTT Docomo president Keiji Tachikawa's role in establishing i-mode, an Internet wireless telephone service in Japan. Marketing of the service with television and print advertisements created by NTT Ad and Dentsu; Number of subscribers; Plan to grow the company's business in other...