Positively Prepared For Two-Way Growth
- Beeping in touch. // Consumer Reports;Aug96, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p23
Offers advice on choosing a pager and a service. Benefits of having a pager; Cost considerations; Selecting a service; Contract features; Picking the pager; Recommendations; Rating of several models. INSETS: Within range?;The front page (latest news in paging);What price paging?;Key features
- Pepper spray pager. Lane, Mark // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Sep96, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p15
Features a disguised pepper spray pager device which may be overlooked during searches and pat downs, creating a potentially unsafe situation for law enforcement personnel.
- Untitled. // Inc.;1997 Inc. Technology 3, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p22
Presents statistics related to pagers. Number of pages in service in the United States from 1992 to 1996; Main reason for getting a pager.
- Advent of FLEX brings used pager market into focus. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;06/15/98, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p2
Reports that paging carriers in the United States expect to reduce their POCSAG numbers by attrition or by upgrading subscribers. Percentage of TSR Wireless Incorporated customers who use FLEX based devices; What is causing a glut on the used pager market; Comments from Darryl Sterling, paging...
- Paging segment shifts. // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p12
Presents a graph showing the number of personal and business paging subscribers from 1993 to 1997 in the United States.
- Do you have an `s'? Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;02/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p16
Cites the promotion of narrowband two-way pagers using the concept of sending messages and responding with one- or two-word answers. Preference of some customers to use the devices for playing Hangman or composting little melodies.
- How to be wireless but connected. Smith, Sheldon // Technology Connection;Nov96, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p18
Presents information on pagers. Types; Types of services and providers; Use of computers for paging.
- Should beepers be banned? // Current Events;9/02/96, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the controversy regarding the banning of beepers or pagers owned by students in the United States. Confiscation of beepers in Georgia, Connecticut and Indiana; Ban of beepers in school districts due to their use by gangs and drug dealers; High demand; Importance of beepers on...
- Talk to me. Mannes, George // Popular Mechanics;Feb96, Vol. 173 Issue 2, p59
Looks at the development of several pagers. `SkyTel 2-Way pager,' `ReadyTalk,' and `Motorola's RSVP unit. Price and features of pagers. INSET: How voice paging works..