`Wireless.com' Name Goes On Auction Block
- Online auction sites in a battle of the Bays. Szymanski, Zak // Bay Area Reporter;9/5/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the dispute between U.S. online auction firm eBay Inc. and gay auction site AlternaBay over the use of the term 'Bay' in its business name. AlternaBay's reasons for using the term; EBay' claims in its court filing against AlternaBay.
- LETTERS. Cohen, Stanley; Euren, Angus; Dixon, Paul; Houston, Charles R. H.; Sheldon, Charles; Townsend, John P. // Estates Gazette;9/30/2006, Issue 639, p62
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues of "Estates Gazette," including a quiz that will deplore the modern trend to shorten firms' names, "The Gender Trap," in the September 2006 issue and the efficiency of auction as a route for selling Â£1...
- Sharpened reflexes. // Marketing Week;1/19/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p63
The article reports on how real-time bidding (RTB) is letting brands reach exactly who they want with increasingly creative ads, while saving a lot of money. RTB enables brands to select an audience and bid for each impression online through automated auction systems and through RTB companies...
- Going once, going twice, sold to the man in the Cossack hat. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/8/2007, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p27
The article discusses several humorous developments in the U.S. An auction company in Fairfield, Maine will be accepting bids in March 2007 for the shotgun purportedly made by the Parker Brothers of Meriden for Czar Nicholas II. Specialty coffee retailer Starbucks Coffee Co. announced that the...
- Techniques, technologie et civilisation. Remy, Eric // Recherche et Applications en Marketing (Sage Publications Inc.);2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p128
No abstract available.
- 'The Year That Was'... So Far. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/22/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p12
Presents an overview of events in the U.S. consumer electronics industry in 2003. Event that affected the consumer electronics business; Decision of Circuit City to end its commission sales system; Auction of The Whiz name.
- Good preparation always pays. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;3/13/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5271, p51
The article emphasizes the importance of proper preparation and good presentation to maximizing the financial return on used light commercial vehicles at auction. According to Duncan Ward, UK business development manager for BCA, a vendor must ensure the vehicles' condition is commensurate with...
- BUSINESS DIARY. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p20
The article offers news briefs related to business enterprises in the U.S. Energy Products of Sterling Heights, Michigan, has formally completed the acquisition of Commercial Battery of Pennsylvania. Main Street Auctions LLC has moved its Royal Oak store to the Campbell Corners Shopping Center...
- Rival NY Retailer Wins Rights To The Wiz Name. Gilroy, Amy; Laposky, John // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/15/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the rights won by P.C. Richard & Son for The Wiz name, trademarks and intellectual properties. Cost of the rights; Reasons for the decision of the company to purchase the rights to the name and intellectual property of The Wiz; Bidders for the rights.