Another Piece In Nokia's Plan: Flying Canadians
- Nokia launches Passive Optical LAN solution to provide businesses with a more efficient alternative to Ethernet LAN. // FttX;Apr2016, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p1
The article reports on the launch of the Passive Optical LAN (POL) solution by Nokia Corp. for cloud computing and high-bandwidth Internet applications.
- APOLAN Expands Membership Base and European Chapter. // FttX;Apr2016, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the membership of Nokia Corp., Huawei, CallisonRTKL and Automated Systems Design Inc. at the Association for Passive Optical LAN (APOLAN), a nonprofit organization which focuses on the education and adoption of passive optical local area network (LAN).
- NOKIA UMA PILOT OVER WLAN UNDERWAY IN FINLAND. // LAN Product News;Sep2006, p7
This article reports on the start of the first public Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) pilot over Wireless LAN of Nokia Corp. in Oulu, Finland in 2006. This live trial will last at least two months and is being conducted under real life surroundings and conditions. Fifty families will be trying...
- My Wi-Fi and I. Gohring, Nancy // Wireless Review;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the use of 802.11 Wi-Fi standard wireless local area networks. Facts on a solution proposed by Nokia Corp. for using Wi-Fi; Number of areas that carry the 802.11 standard built by the company Somera; Plans of Somera for the 802.11 standard.
- IBM Gives Push To Nokia's WLAN Gear. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p15
Reports on the partnership between Nokia Corp. and IBM Global Services that will push Nokia's wireless local area network technology. Implications of the Nokia/IBM partnership; Function of IBM in the partnership; Remarks from IBM Global Services vice president of wireless alliances Don Lopes. ...
- Nokia unveils industry's first multi-gigabit firewall platform with Check Point. // Telecom Asia;Jul2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p50
Reports the launching of security appliance Nokia IP740 from Nokia. Integration of the VPN-1/Firewall-1 software from Check Point; Capability of IP740; Details of the bus architecture.
- NOKIA AND INMARSAT IN DEAL TO ALLOW LANS ACCESS. // New Media Age;6/27/2002, p10
Reports on the partnership of Nokia and Inmarsat to enable customers to access wireless local area networks.
- WLANs could provide wide-area roaming. // Frontline Solutions;Jan2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p51
Focuses on the symbiotic relationship between wireless local area networks and wide area networks. Developments at Nokia and Lucent Technologies; Use if SIM card installed in a wireless LAN; Emergence of mobile data networks; Introduction of Internet services.
- Nokia Extends GSM Roaming To WLANs. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p15
Provides information on a technology developed by Nokia which allows Global System for Mobile-Communications (GSM) telephone users to roam onto wireless local area networks (WLAN). How the operator WLAN technology works; Features of the technology; Expectations on the response of GSM operators...