Cash For Spectrum: Bids Fill U.K. Coffers Before Auction
- LATVIJAS MOBILAIS TELEPHONS SIA FILES FOR UMTS LICENSE. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the filing of an application by mobile communications company Latvijas Mobilais Telefeons SIA for a Universal Mobile Telecommunication System license in Latvia.
- Japanese grants 3G licenses to three carrier groups. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p2
Focuses on Japanese government's awarding of third-generation licenses to three telecommunication carrier groups in Japan.
- Number of German auction participants decreases. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p22
Focuses on WorldCom Inc.'s withdrawal from a German auction for third-generation licenses.
- Hurdles exist for licensing trunked radio in Jordan. // RCR;05/18/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p46
Reports on plans to award commercial trunked radio licenses in Jordan, with reference to uncertainty over whether interconnection to the public switched telephone network should be allowed. Involvement of the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission and the International Mobile...
- Like it or not, licensing is an issue. Deckman, Jeffrey S. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;May95, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p52
Focuses on the case of telecommunications licensing legislation in the state of Rhode Island. Dealing with the design, installation, testing and certification of telecommunications wiring and transmission networks; Methods of gaining of access to any industry; Policing for self identity.
- Korea awards 2 of 3 3G licenses. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p10
Focuses on South Korean government's awarding of third-generation telecommunication licenses to SK Telecom and state-run Korea Telecom.
- Fixed race in Taiwan: Players queuing for fixed-line network licenses. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Aug98, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p6
Provides information on the telecommunication companies that apply for fixed-line network licenses in Taiwan. Estimated fixed-line network market in the country; List of telecommunication carriers in Taiwan; Issue on the licenses to be granted by the government.
- Auction Winners Turn Spectrum Into Cash. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;3/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p1
Reports on issues concerning the licenses owned by telecommunication companies in the United States. Efforts of several telecommunication companies to sell their licenses; Key factors that determine the success of license selling; List of transacted licenses.
- Romanian GSM licenses to be issued in October after delays. Pate, Kelly // RCR;9/30/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p21
Focuses on applications that were received by the Romanian government for two Global System for Mobile communications licenses, for four consortia. Deadline for applications; When licenses expected to be awarded; Amount winners will be required to pay up front; Reason for the delays;...