Family Calling Plans Primed For Growth
- LNP: Is it time yet? Martinek, Marcia // Wireless Review;02/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p134
Predicts wireless communication providers' entry into the local number portability (LNP) business. Phases of the wireless LNP scenario; Formula for determining one's potential costs for database dipping; Concerns about the potential for dropped calls; Wireless carriers' panicky attitude towards...
- Level of competition in wireless telephone industry increasing rapidly as technological... Rattle, Barbara; Woody, Robert H. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/07/96, Vol. 26 Issue 15, Communication in the `90s p2
Focuses on the increasing competition in the wireless telephone market in Utah. AT&T Wireless Services' rollout of equipment and services; US Federal Communications Commission's actions that paved the way for increased competition in the wireless market; Innovations in the wireless telephone...
- Vicious Circle. Luzadder, Dan // Interactive Week;3/5/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p16
Discusses the declining profits of pay-phone providers in the United States. Role of wireless telephone in the decline; Efforts to turn the pay phones into a 21st century equipment; Decision of several companies to leave the market.
- Time in the balance. Titch, Steven // Telephony;04/28/97, Vol. 232 Issue 17, p64
Presents reflections concerning developments and events in the telecommunications industry in the United Kingdom and the United States. Case of One 2 One, a wireless service in Great Britain; Issue of telephone area codes in Chicago, Illinois.
- Is Australia's mobile network up to scratch? Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;10/05/99, Vol. 117 Issue 6194, p87
Presents Australia-based residents' views about the mobile phone network in Australia. Growth in the number of people purchasing mobile phones; Lack of competition in the Australian market; Inadequacies of the networks.
- Wireless usage proliferates culture. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/13/99, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p41A
Reports on the results of a survey on wireless telephone systems. Percent who use wireless telephone systems; Impact of wireless systems on everyday life.
- Finding a fit. Stroud, Teresa // Wireless Review;02/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p28
Discusses the market outlook for multimode wireless telephones. Roaming agreements and partnerships aimed at building service coverage; Benefits offered by multimode phones to peripatetic professionals; Comparison of technology and quality of multimode phones with those of single-mode phones;...
- Wireline displacement by wireless unsettles carriers. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
No abstract available.
- The power of being small. Csapo, John S. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p49
Reports the accommodation of wireless carriers' traditional base stations in the United States. Survey on the number of cell sites; Ordinances in zoning for base station construction; Benefits of microcell technology for carriers; Difference between microcell technology for code division...