Interoperability, Roaming Pushed At GSM Congress
- Oh! We do like to be beside the seaside. // Euronet;Apr2001, Issue 10, p9
Discusses the outcome of the 2001 GSM World Congress held in February at Cote d'Azur, France. Conference theme; Attendance; Presentations.
- Roam around the world. M.D. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the promotion of inter-standard roaming at the 2000 GSM World Congress held in Cannes, France. Education of operators on the issues of general packet radio service; Creation of the GSM Global Roaming Forum; Plans for the development of global service requirement for third generation...
- 3GSM Has Cannes-Do Attitude. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;2/18/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p12
Provides information on several congresses about global systems for mobile communications to be held in Cannes, France in 2002.
- RCS VoLTE Interoperability Event 2012. // Telecom Standards;Nov2012, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1
The article offers information on the 2012 Rich Communications Suite (RCS) Voice over Long Term Evolution (VoLTE) Interoperability Event that was held in Beijing, China and Kranj, Slovenia. The event focused on the issues related to global system for mobile communications along with network...
- Events Diary. // Intermedia (0309118X);Winter2008, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p7
A calendar of events related to mobile and telecommunications worldwide from January 7, 2009 to February 19, 2009 is presented which includes the NTCA National Telecommunications Cooperative Association in Austin, Texas, the PTC '09 Pacific Telecommunications Council Conference in Honolulu,...
- South African telecom project given the go-ahead. White, Michael D. // World Trade;Oct97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p118
Focuses on the decision of the US Federal Communications Commission for the global satellite communications project in South Africa. Effect of the decision to the Washington D.C.-based Mobile Communications Holdings Incorporated; How the South African group, Vula shareholders, has committed to...
- GSM Association reports 600 million subscribers. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the growth in the use of global system for mobile communications (GSM) telephones in 2001, according to the Global System for Mobile Association. Estimation on the number of GSM telephone users worldwide.
- Bright future for nav systems. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;Jun98, Vol. 178 Issue 6, p75
Looks at the growth of global positioning system (GPS) technology in cars. Features of the GPS navigation system; Purpose for which they are used; Forecasts on automotive GPS navigation systems; How GPS operates. INSET: How GPS works.
- Turkey to offer two GSM licenses. Bruno, Antony // RCR;09/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p71
Focuses on the plans of Turney to offer two additional Global System for Mobile (GSM) communications licenses at 1800 MHz as a complement to the existing GSM 900 MHz licenses in operation. Who the licenses will be granted to; Expectations of the Transport Ministry in Turkey; Factors contributing...