The Chips Are Down
- Qualcomm Completes SnapTrack Buy. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p3
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has finalized its acquisition of SnapTrack Inc.
- Qualcomm shells out $1B for SnapTrack. Smith, Hilary // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p5
Focuses on the decision of wireless communication firm, Qualcomm Inc. to purchase SnapTrack Inc. Operation of SnapTrack Inc. as a wholly owned subsidiary; Significance of the deal as a contributor to the development of Qualcomm's gpsOne technology.
- The Unstoppable SnapTrack. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;12/18/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 50, p38
Focuses on the wireless handset-based location technology unveiled by SnapTrack Inc. Features of SnapTrack's technology; Criticism against the implementation of handset-based solutions; Information on the gpsOne position-location system of Qualcomm, parent company of SnapTrack.
- Qualcomm investing in software again. // Fleet Owner;Aug98, Vol. 93 Issue 8, pTC5
Presents information on Qualcomm Inc.'s acquisition of NAVTEK Corp., a software development company specializing in wireless fleet management systems. Information on NAVTEK; Details on Qualcom's plans for NAVTEK.
- Qualcomm buys Navtek. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;06/29/98, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p49
Details the acquisition made by Qualcomm Incorporated for Navtek Corporation. Background on the business of the two companies; Implication of the acquisition; Comments from officers of the companies.
- Qualcomm Completes CSR Purchase. // GPS World;Sep2015, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of CSR Inc. by Qualcomm Inc. for 2.4 billion dollars.
- Qualcomm to Acquire CSR for Bluetooth Silicon. // European Telecom;Aug2014, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p10
The article focuses on the acquisition of CSR PLC, a developer of connectivity, audio, imaging and location chips, by Qualcomm Inc., a world leader in 3G and next-generation mobile technologies, for at approximately 1.6 billion pound.
- Qualcomm vs. Samsung. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;12/1/2015, pA02
The article reports on the competition among Qualcomm Inc., Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. to acquire the privately held chipmaker GlobalFoundries Inc.
- Qualcomm grows by buying chip producer CSR. // Automotive Engineer;Sep2015, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses the acquisition of wireless technology firm Qualcomm with semiconductor producer CSR and offers the views of Steve Mollenkopf, chief executive of Qualcomm, on the same.