Seizures Among Public Figures: Lessons Learned From the Epilepsy of Pope Pius IX
- Anti-Separationist Pope On The Fast Track For Catholic Sainthood. // Church & State;Oct2000, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p19
Reports the beatification of Pope Pius IX by Pope John Paul II in Vatican City. Condemnation of Pope Pius IX on the church-state separation; Issuance of the 'Syllabus of Errors' by Pius IX purporting theological errors denounced by the church; Relationship of Pius with other religions.
- NO! NO! PIO NONO. // Commonweal;08/11/2000, Vol. 127 Issue 14, p6
Discusses the controversy over the beatification of Pope Pius IX, scheduled for September 3, 2000. Reason for the Jewish community's opposition to his beatification and potential canonization; What the pope's defenders insist; How the pope's temporal power is seen. INSET: ET CETERA.
- Convulsive disorder and genetic polymorphism. Association of idiopathic generalized epilepsy with haptoglobin polymorphism. Saccucci, P.; Verdecchia, M.; Piciullo, A.; Bottini, N.; Rizzo, R.; Gloria-Bottini, F.; Lucarelli, P.; Curatolo, P. // Neurogenetics;Dec2004, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p245
Haptoglobin is a polymorphic protein that is well known for its hemoglobin (Hb)-binding property. The protein shows gross differences in molecular size among genotypes, resulting in different degrees of diffusion in central nervous system tissue. Since the breakdown of erythrocytes in the...
- EVOLUTION OF EPILEPSY. TATUM IV, WILLIAM O.; KAPLAN, PETER W.; JALLON, PIERRE // Epilepsy A to Z: A Concise Encyclopedia;2009, p127
An encyclopedia entry for the evolution or progression of epilepsy is presented. This entry identifies several patterns that predict the progression of epilepsy, including single seizures, either acutely symptomatic or cryptogenic. It suggests to establish the syndromic classification and...
- The Beatification of Pope Pius IX. O'Malley, John W. // America;08/26/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 5, p6
Discusses the issues surrounding the scheduled beatification of Pope Pius IX on September 3, 2000 by Pope John Paul II in the Vatican City. Reasons for the delay of his beatification; Background of the pope and his papacy; Catholic dogmas pronounced by the pope; Virtues of the saints.
- Beatify Pio Nono? // America;8/10/1963, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p131
The author mentions that preparatory work for the beatification of Pope Pius IX is progressing. The Pope's writings have been examined and the heroicity of his virtues have been discussed by theological consultants. When the two required miracles occur, the Congregation of Rites can ready the...
- Sharing in Resurrection. OLSON, CARL // Our Sunday Visitor;8/15/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 16, p14
The author reflects on the dogma of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary defined by Pope Pius IX.
- With Scrip and Staff. // America;5/7/1927, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p90
The article presents information on various developments related to Catholics. As reported, fifty years have now passed since Monsignor Daniel Comboni, the great apostle of Central Africa whom Pope Pius IX called 'his own missionary,' founded his two great religious institutes for African...
- The "Independent" and Pius IX. // America;12/10/1910, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p206
The author reflects on an article in the November 3, 1910 issue of the New York "Independent," entitled "Del Val as Advocatus Diaboli," which has not elicited any reply from Catholics. According to the author, the writer's editorial skill which could condense in 350 words so many...