Septal Myectomy After Previous Septal Artery Ablation in Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Midventricular Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy with Left Ventricular Aneurysm and Clot: The Role of Transesophageal Echocardiogram in Assessment and Management of Myomectomy. Dutta, Vikas; Raj, Ravi; Kumar, Bhupesh; Bahl, Ajay; Thingam, Shyam K. S.; Negi, Sunder Lal; Puri, Goverdhan Dutt // Journal of Perioperative Echocardiography;Jul-Dec2014, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p58
Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM) with mid ventricular obstruction leading to apical aneurysm and clot is very rare. Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) can be used to know the maximum thickness of the septum, its distance from the aortic annulus and the apical...
- Transapical myectomy and surgical cryoablation for refractory ventricular tachycardia due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with apical aneurysm. Yusuke Shimahara; Junjiro Kobayashi; Tomoyuki Fujita; Shunsuke Sato // European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery;Aug2015, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p334
Ventricular tachycardia (VT) associated with midventricular hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and apical aneurysm is rare, but is frequently refractory to medical therapy. We report a case of a 44-year old man with incessant VT despite undergoing catheter ablation in the neck of a left ventricular...
- A surgical myectomy program to manage complex obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Gray, B.; Bannon, P.; Bailey, B.; Lal, S.; Yeates, L.; Richmond, D.; Byrom, M.; Semsarian, C.; Medi, C. // Heart, Lung & Circulation;2015 Supplement 3, Vol. 24, pS175
No abstract available.
- Comparison Between Clinical and Echocardiographic Findings in Infants and Children Diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Cristina, Blesneac; Carmen, Şuteu; Rodica, Togănel; Theodora, Benedek; Benedek, I // Acta Medica Marisiensis;Jun2015, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p83
Background: Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a rather common hereditary disease with an autozomal dominant character, caused by mutations of genes that code for proteins of the cardiac sarcomere. The observed prevalence of this disease is much lower in pediatric patients compared to adults,...
- Sudden cardiac death in athletes. Semsarian, Christopher; Sweeting, Joanna; Ackerman, Michael J. // British Journal of Sports Medicine;Aug2015, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p1017
The article presents a review of data in literature that deals with the common causes of sudden cardiac death in athletes. The common causes of cardiac death include hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, viral infection and participation in competitive sports. The role of cardiac diseases in sudden...
- B-TYPE NATRIURETIC PEPTIDE PREDICTS DISEASE SEVERITY IN CHILDREN WITH HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA86
An abstract of the article "B-Type Natriuretic Peptide Predicts Disease Severity in Children With Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy," by J. P. Kaski, A. Pantazis, J. Marek, and colleagues is presented.
- REDUCED TWISTING OF THE LEFT VENTRICLE IN PATIENTS WITH SYMPTOMATIC NON-OBSTRUCTIVE HYPERTROPHIC CARDIOMYOPATHY: A STUDY USING TWO-DIMENSIONAL SPECKLE TRACKING IMAGING. // Heart;Jul2008 Supp, Vol. 94, pA103
An abstract for the article "Reduced Twisting of the Left Ventricle in Patients With Symptomatic Non-Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: A Study Using Two-Dimensional Speckle Tracking Imaging," by T.T. Phan, P. Elliot, H. Watkins and colleagues is presented.
- RECONSTRUCTIVE-PLASTIC OPERATIONS ON UTERUS WITHIN THE FERTILITY RECOVERY PROBLEM. KARIMOV, ZAUR; TURSUNKHODJAEVA, MALIKA; ABDIKULOV, BULAT // Medical & Health Science Journal;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p32
The paper deals with the problem of recovery of fertility with young women with hysteromyoma. For choosing the method of conservative myomectomy, it is justified the reasonability of division of patients into groups, according to the degree of surgical complexity for carrying out an operation...
- ASK THE DOCTORS. // Heart Advisor;Nov2014, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to the symptoms of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and atrial fibrillation.