- Celtic expansion for DFS as sales jump 20%. Kidd // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p4
Reports that the DFS company will make its entry into the Scotland and Northern Ireland upholstery markets. Revenues from 1996 to 1999; Purchase of the Lincoln House factory; Construction of additional retail outlets.
- DFS fined _GCP_3,000 for price hike. // Cabinet Maker;01/08/99, Issue 5120, p3
Discloses that DFS has been fined 3,000 British pounds for increasing the price of a sofa by 400 pounds during a promotional offer. Details of the case; Actual violations for which the company was fined.
- Prospects at DFS 'shine brightly' as profits jump. // Cabinet Maker;04/27/2001, Issue 5235, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Great Britain-based upholstery firm, DFS, as of April 2001.
- Strong cash generation at DFS but EBITDA falls. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2013, Issue 5866, p8
The article reports on strong cash generation at sofa retailer DFS Group Ltd. during the first quarter of 2013 resulting in a year-on-year drop in sales and EBITDA.
- Act now before the opportunity is lost forever. // Cabinet Maker;10/22/99, Issue 5160, p7
Encourages furniture retailers in Scotland and Northern Ireland to examine their operations in the wake of the planned opening of DFS company stores. Praise for the company's 1999 financial performance; Revamp of the `Tom and Jilli' advertisements; Share of the British upholstery market.
- DFS. // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p10
Evaluates DFS' furniture store along Cobridge Road in Hanley, England.
- DFS. // Cabinet Maker;03/02/2001, Issue 5227, p11
Evaluates the furniture store DFS in Great Britain. Commendation for exhibiting excellent product knowledge and demonstration; Citation of the friendly and attentive customer service; Failure of salespersons to close deals.
- Courts trade slows along with expansion plans. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;12/18/98, Issue 5119, p3
Focuses on Courts and DFS' separate effort to warn consumers on their deteriorating furniture sales during the first six months ending September 27, 1998. Losses at Courts' Irish operation; Factors contributing to the decline of sales.
- Lord Kirkham hedges his bets for takeover. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2004, Issue 5404, p3
Reports on the efforts of Lord Kirkham to support the hedge funds for the takeover of furniture business, DFS.