- Monthly winner. // Cabinet Maker;01/28/2000, Issue 5172, p12
Reports that Swindon's World of Leather branch is the winner of the `Cabinet Maker' magazine's Mystery Shopper award for the month of January 2000.
- Uno in last ditch effort to salvage failing fortunes. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p1
Reports on the massive financial restructuring of British upholstery retailer Uno to ensure its survival in the industry. Reduction of the company's `unfocused' product offer at Uno and the World of Leather which comprise the company; Situations that resulted to negative cash flows for the company.
- Another fine mess Uno management has got itself into. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p7
Focuses on the financial problems of British furniture company Uno. Uncertainty on the company's ability to convince suppliers that they will be paid; Sale of component World of Leather as an option for the company.
- Virtual Leather. Witthaus, Michele // Marketing Week;11/26/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p55
Highlights the implementation of Visualiser, a system of developing a display unit that will allow customers to visualize sofas against a variety of different backgrounds, by World of Leather, a furniture company. Comments from Steve Burke, marketing executive of the company; Impact of the...
- Uno/WoL legal wrangle. // Cabinet Maker;06/09/2000, Issue 5191/5192, p3
Reports on the delay of delivery of furniture of British companies Uno and World of Leather due to a retention of title battle.
- World of Leather aims for 45 site chain. // Cabinet Maker;4/18/2008, Issue 5584, p31
The article reflects on the plan of World of Leather Plc. to add three more sites to its total of 27 stores in Great Britain on April 9, 1993. The announcement was made after the company gained 8% increase or about Â£25.6 million recorded in December 31, 1992. According to Michael Benardout,...
- Salvaging fairness from failure. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;7/14/2006, Issue 5496, p9
The article refers to business failures in the furniture industry and trade. World of Leather, a sofa chain which is dead now, disappointed its consumers on a mass level at its failure. When retailers undergo difficulties, its consequences are suffered by the businesses and individuals. The...
- Stores snapped up in World of Leather sell-off. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p1
Reports that a consortium of private investors that is believed to include businessman Simon Bee has purchased a part of the business and assets of World of Leather.
- We all pay for the lack of a consumer protection scheme. Westphal, Linda // Cabinet Maker;03/31/2000, Issue 5181, p7
Comments how the purchase by a consortium of private investors of certain assets of World of Leather will impact consumer protection issues. Speculation about who the investors are; Plight of consumers left out of pocket by the group's collapse; Forthcoming legislation concerning deposit...