- Hot jobs in sales. Gibson, Andrea // Career World;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p12
Reports that people with associate degrees, high school diplomas or bachelor's degree have a good shot in making it big in the sales career. Reference to a prediction by the `Occupational Outlook Quarterly' on growth of sales representatives; Why sales representatives must have knowledge of...
- Tell it and sell it to the judge. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Central New Jersey Business;2/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p24
Offers tips on how to become a professional salesperson. Acquisition of new selling techniques; Sales attitude; Learning process.
- Knowledge is sales power. Nordhaus, George // Forum (10566937);May97, Issue 180, p39
Opinion. States that in order of be an effective sales person, knowledge is essential, especially in the insurance industry. How the Internet assists in this venture; Information on videoconferencing; What affects the value of a business.
- The personality of a top salesperson. Greenberg, Hergert M. // Forum (10566937);Sep97, Issue 184, p25
Presents information on the effectiveness of sales personnel. Identification of personality traits that make a good sales person; Information on what a salesperson has to do.
- Nine habits of highly effective salespeople. // Inc.;Jun97, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p96
Provides a list of the nine habits of highly effective salespeople.
- Tip of the week. // PHC Profit Report;8/1/95, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p6
Offers a tip for awarding small prizes for sales personnel upon reaching certain milestones.
- 3 ways to multiply your sales force without adding more staff. Thorne, Heidi // PHC Profit Report;06/01/96, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p4
Presents pointers in maximizing the potentials of salespersons. Includes handling of phone sales; Involvement of customers in the selling process.
- Delegating pricing authority in mature industries. Greene, Walter E.; Walls, Gary D. // Review of Business;Fall96, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p19
Presents an article which accesses the decision to delegate pricing authority to sales personnel within a mature industry. Role of price in the economic system; Information on the Product Life Cycle (PLC) theory.
- Are you ready to sell to a big company? Wiesendanger, Betsy // Sell!ng;Dec97, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p3
Offers tips for salespeople who are trying to get in at large companies. Initial negotiation with the top management; Avoidance of being sorry; Research on the company's background; Respect to clients; Importance of dealing to the all types of customers; Avoidance of closing the deal at an early...