Royams launches Shirley model
- SAFETY FIRST. // Cabinet Maker;9/25/2009, Issue 5656, p10
The article evaluates the Advanced Safety System (ASS) chair from Royams.
- An exceptional year. // Cabinet Maker;02/06/98, Issue 5074, p5
Focuses on the sales growth experienced by British upholstery firm Royams as a result of its launching of Sarah line of furniture at the NEC trade show. Features of the line of furniture; Comment by Bill Mayor, managing director of Royams.
- Hello young rockers. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;05/19/2000, Issue 5188, p16
Looks at the latest trends in motion furniture that appeal to the younger generation. Royams' Chloe range; Rosenburg's Premier family range; Dutalier's rocker glider; G Plan Upholstery's Chloe with Leggett & Platt actions.
- A simple easy chair. Clauss, T. // Outdoor Life;Aug88, Vol. 182 Issue 2, p30
Instructions for building an easy chair--one that's deemed `easy' not only because it is comfortable and simple to build, but because it's easy on the checking account. Three of the lightweight, two-piece chairs can be built from one sheet of plywood.
- The planter's chair. Clauss, T. // Outdoor Life;May91, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p50
Offers directions for building a comfortable chair that was originally designed for Jamaican plantation owners and is perfect for outdoor lounging.
- Sitting pretty. // Colonial Homes;Oct88, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Presents Pennsylvania chairs by colonial artisans who were often English emigrants. Chairs from the collection of the Chester County Historical Society. Characteristics, Style.
- In a roundabout way. Hunt, Kenneth // Colonial Homes;Feb95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p72
Features the roundabout chair. Evolution of style; Design.
- A portable chair to build. Moates, Tom // Country Journal;May/Jun93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p69
Offers instructions for building a wooden buckskinner's chair that is comfortable, portable, unbreakable and inexpensive. Construction details; Materials.
- Sit! Seymour, L.; Wegman, W. // Town & Country;Apr92, Vol. 146 Issue 5143, p148
Analyzes the chair. What it means to different people; At its basic, a chair is simply the uptown cousin of a stool; The comfortable chair is a recent invention; Chair design through history; Photos of different chairs.