TWO QUICK TIPS FOR NEGOTIATING A DEAL
- Pressure points deflect attention from price. Reilly, Tom // Sell!ng;Aug2003, p14
Discusses several pressure factors affecting the emphasis given by buyers on price. Significance of an adequate knowledge of pressure factors in negotiation; Tips on maximizing pressure factors in selling a product.
- Negotiation. Roseman, Dave // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;Feb2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on negotiation, a key leadership skill in business. It discusses several principles of negotiation for resolving business issues including identification of customers' interest, acknowledgment of their interests and assessment and rapport building. The article emphasizes on...
- Learning to roar in the lion's den. Bartram, Peter // Director;Oct2006, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p60
This article discusses how small companies can win business from a powerful corporate. Nicole Debson, managing director of recruitment agency Appointments Bi-Language, said businesses should have a unique selling point. John Bird, managing director of team-building consultancy Catalyst, said...
- ARE YOU SELLING THE BENEFITS THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO YOU OR TO YOUR CUSTOMER? Friedman, Harry J. // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p23
The article presents the author's insights on the key to successful selling of products, which is to find out the customers need and telling customers what they believe to be benefits of the product or merchandise.
- Client involvement through negotiation: A key to success. Mouritsen, Russel H. // American Salesman;Aug93, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p24
Emphasizes cooperative negotiation as an effective strategy in selling. Client relationships; Cooperative negotiation skills; Mutual problem solving effort; Creativity in solving client's problem; Buying process.
- Do you have what it takes to negotiate? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/23/96, Vol. 199 Issue 4, p39
Offers advice in successfully negotiating with customers. Need for technicians to have sales ability and training; Taping a sales pitch; Key to clear communication.
- Negotiating a victory for other guys a smart move? Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/09/99, Vol. 46 Issue 15, p36A
Gives tips on strategies and tactics in negotiating a sale. Includes negotiating with yourself first; Employing the Max Gitomer rule which do not offer anything your wouldn't take; No deal or negotiation is ever one time; Uncovering the true objection or obstacle; Taking the blame and in the...
- Questioning the Deal. Redstone, Sumner // Across the Board;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p13
Suggests a method in negotiating for a sale of a product or commodity.
- Rather Than Selling, Take Look At Buying. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/24/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p23
Considers consumer buying motives in the selling process. Aspects of the selling process; Assessment of buying motives in terms of yourself; Discussion on the emotional motive of customers to making their purchases.