Bragging Rights: Who's DVRed Most
- TLC renovates its image after 35% ratings drop. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;11/14/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 46, p16
The article reports on the market performance of cable network TLC, which overindulged in the home-makeover genre, as of November 2005. After a 35% ratings decline in 2004, TLC is hoping to recover by bringing the network into a mix of reality-based lifestyle programming that spans a variety of...
- Life Beyond Ratings. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p40
Focuses on the move of basic cable networks to enter the video-on-demand (VOD) market. Information on Choice 10 Discovery entry-level package from Discovery Networks; Effect of the Neilsen Media Research rating to a cable network company; Sample of famous cable networks that have also gotten...
- Cable channel pushes facts. // Marketing Event;Nov/Dec98, p8
Reports that Discovery Networks Europe's repositioning as premier creator of factual entertainment was reinforced on stand at the European Cable Communications 1998 show. Effectiveness of the channel's stand in reaching their audience; Comments from Chris Abel, senior vice president for...
- TLC Trades Up to Elite Rating Space. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p14
Reports that the firm TLC has become one of the U.S. cable television's best primetime ratings draws relying mostly on nonfictional shows. Myth associated with the cable industry; Importance of the show 'Trading Places' to the company; Television series that are expected to be launched by the...
- The road more traveled. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;01/26/98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Discovery Communications is offering a license-free affiliation for its channel. Purpose of the company's decision; Other cable networks that practices discounted sales.
- Discovery satisfies Latin demand for documentaries. Goldner, Diane // Variety;05/19/97 Supplement, Vol. 367 Issue 3, p28
Reports on growth of Discovery Networks' Latin America service since its launching from Miami, Florida, in April 1994. Concept of Pan-Latin American advertising; Total viewership among all multichannel services in Latin America; Promotional spots; Offering of unique product; Effort to make the...
- Discovery Net Finds Way to Hungary. Nadler, John // Variety;01/18/99, Vol. 373 Issue 9, p73
Reports that Discovery Communications has launched two Hungarian cable networks namely, Discovery and the nature channel Animal Planet, in Budapest, Hungary. Viewership of Discovery; Significance of Discovery's arrival in Budapest.
- MSOs want to know. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the plans by Discovery Communications to reformat its Knowledge TV cable television program. Inclusion of incentives for program distributors; Reaction from the company's cable television clients.
- Just Keep the Sharks Coming. Bürgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/5/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 14, pD2
The article presents an introduction to a special commemorative section on the cable television company Discovery Communications.