Microsoft, Allies Take on Apple TV
- Microsoft Rolls Out Red Carpet for Xbox One Streaming Apps. Hernandez, Pedro // eWeek;11/10/2013, p3
The article reports the television (TV) and multimedia capabilities of the new generation of Xbox One from Microsoft. It mentions the aid provided by the bundled Kinect motion sensor that allows users to issue voice commands to search for TV shows, movies and music and launch applications. Some...
- Lean, not mean. // Televisual;Summer2004 Supp, p8
Reports on the benefits of digital video (DV) for shooting lifestyle and factual entertainment in Great Britain. Reduction in the number of staff needed during filming; Decrease cost and period of production; Quality of sound and picture produced in DV. INSET: THE GREAT HI-DEF DEBATE.
- Mike goes soft. // American Spectator;Jan1996, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p18
Reports that Michael Kinsley is leaving the talk show `Crossfire' to edit a magazine for Microsoft. Gifted manipulator of public discourse.
- Microsoft may change game plan, plays with idea of Sega purchase. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/10/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 23, p8
Presents developments related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of December 2002. Actors who would be making a guest appearance on the television program 'Scrubs'; Video game company that Microsoft Corp. is contemplating to buy; Company that will sponsor Rose Bowl football game.
- Online with the show. Weiner, Caren // Entertainment Weekly;07/10/98, Issue 440, p84
Presents information on Web-based multimedia programs which feature television programs. Names of the companies offering the Web sites; Details on the television programs; Addresses of the Web sites.
- Microsoft meets the IPG. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/6/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 19, p42
Presents television interactive-program-guide from the Microsoft TV company. Management scheme of the Motorola 1000 and 1200 level set-top boxes; Implementation of the patent-pending systems; Improvement of the on-screen keyboards.
- From Martial Arts to Princesses of Nature. // Animation;Nov2007, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p49
The article reviews the multimedia animated television program "Hulala Girls," created by Christy Hui.
- Channel surfers get their fix. Ditlea, Steve // Adweek Western Edition;05/18/98, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p54
Discusses issues related to the emergence of personalized television program listings for Internet users. Advanced reference tools for TV fans making viewing choices; Efforts of Microsoft to lure Web users to use Microsoft 98 in order to download local program schedules onscreen; Competition of...
- Nancy Tellem. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;1/11/2013, Issue 47, p28
An interview with entertainment and digital media president at Microsoft Corp. Nancy Tellem is presented. When asked about types of shows to be made, she refers to all forms of content like game shows, reality, live events, documentaries, drama and comedy. She also comments on interactive...