'Diversity' Not Diverse Enough
- Should Christians subscribe to cable TV? // Today's Christian Woman;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p27
Presents Christians' opinions on whether fellow Christians should subscribe to cable television. Views on responsibility and choice.
- Cops raid cablers. Iyer, Shiipa Bharatan // Daily Variety;8/23/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 36, p7
The article reports a police raid on nine cable television service providers in Mumbai, India, for allegedly transmitting banned adult content.
- Study: Ã€ la Carte Won't Work. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/4/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p22
The article focuses on a survey conducted by Forester Research which found that offering television viewers to purchase cable television channels individually would not help prevent children from being exposed to sex and violence on television. Homes which watch large amounts of children's...
- CABLE AND THE CULTURE WARS. Clark, Drew // National Journal;10/8/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p3111
Focuses on a stricter regulation on indecency in cable television in the U.S. Efforts of Kevin Martin, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, to impose authority over indecency in cable television; Information on several proposals for a family-friendly cable programming;...
- DOES BLEEPING PROFANITY MAKE ANY F-KING SENSE? Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;4/20/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 14, p3
The article examines the use of profanity in television programs. Subscription television networks such as Home Box Office present programs in which such language is used, but words deemed offensive are obscured on the audio of programs on broadcast and cable television networks. An increasing...
- Deploying Diversity. ROBINSON, LAURIE // InsideCounsel;Oct2008, Vol. 18 Issue 203, p8
The author reflects on the need for the legal department to make diversity a priority. She notes that diversity is evident in the lineup of candidates for the U.S. presidential election, with Senator Barack Obama being an African-American, Senator John McCain, a septuagenarian; and Governor Bill...
- S.U.C.C.E.S.S. launches new employer program. // Asian Pacific Post;10/22/2009, p12
The article reports on the launch of a venture by S.U.C.C.E.S.S. called Supporting Employers Embracing Diversity (SEED) for the program called Employer Cultural Diversity Support Service.
- The Right Way to Measure Executive Diversity. Leader-Chivée, Lauren // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;4/30/2014, p2
The article reports on the importance of executive diversity for the world's companies and discusses the right way to measure executive diversity including considering the element of inclusiveness as well as representation.
- Creating a State of Diversity in Massachusetts. Turner, Robert // BusinessWest;9/1/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p12
The author reflects on the benefits concerning the launch of the Commonwealth Compact program in Massachusetts. He asserts that the program, which aims to increase diversity in the workplace, plays essential role in promoting equality among workers belonging to different groups. The author...