Times, They Aren't Changing
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Cable TV Loses Ground. // TV Technology;1/5/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on data from TVB.org which found that wired-cable penetration of American television (TV) households has declined as consumers tend to shift to alternative delivery systems.
- BAD TIME FOR HD BOX SHORTAGE. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/26/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p40
The article provides information concerning on the high density (HD) boxes for cable operators in the U.S. Most operators placed orders for HD boxes with integrated security in fall 2006. Cable operators stop deploying digital set-tops with their security embedded inside on July 1, 2007....
- D3 deployment updates. // CED;Sep2009, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p12
The article reports on the deployment of Comcast Corp.'s D3 service in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and San Francisco, California. It states that Comcast deployed the D3 service in about 50% of its entire footprint in July 2009. It notes that Comcast has announced that it would deploy D3 service...
- Fees to Pay Bill Over Phone Are Common, Even in Cable. // Multichannel News;1/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p4
The article focuses on the issue concerning fees for payments online or over the phone which has become a standard practice among telecommunications providers including cable companies.
- Fate, and the Flip of a Coin. STEINERT-THRELKELD, TOM // Multichannel News;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p38
The author reflects on the state of small cable television system operators in the U.S. He noted that these operators in the nation face many challenges especially that they do not know whether they will change the business or just totally get out of it. Their stability is confronted by the...
- Why Bundling Doesn't Work Anymore. GRIMES, WARREN // Multichannel News;11/18/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p41
In this article, the author comments on the declining trend in the American Cable television companies' subscribers base and suggests that viewers ,in the U.S., are relying more on internet streaming as a source for video programming.
- Internet Saves Cable. GRASER, MARC // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p25
The article presents statistics on U.S. cable and satellite television as of the fourth quarter of 2014 compared with pay television and Internet services.
- Getting local…and personal. Peyton, Heath; Strickle, Dan // CED;Mar2007, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the value of advanced digital solutions for community-based video services in the U.S. It was cited that the value of cable networks and services in the country is increasingly judged by the degree to which they are localized and personalized. The ability to offer a fully...