Chattanooga OKs Triple Play
- SMALL BUSINESSES CAN STRETCH BUDGETS WITH AT&T BUNDLES. // RBOC Update;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p1
The article reports that AT & T has introduced the "All for Less" bundle that will allow small businesses to make use of business communications technologies, such as data backup services and technical support. The bundle, which starts at 90 U.S. dollars per month, is designed for businesses...
- NEW WORLD SKIN CARE. Suzuki, David // Professional Beauty;Sep/Oct2009, p170
The article focuses on the utilization of innovative methods and technologies in assuring more improved communication in spa and salon industry in Australia in 2009. Clear and consistent communication plays a significant role in the operation of salons and spas making it one of the fundamental...
- IP communications use lagging. // Communications News;Sep2007, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on the results of a survey commissioned by Siemens Communications which polled 100 large American companies on questions of worker productivity and competition. A large majority of respondents claimed that they lacked the telecommunications technology needed to increase...
- Adequacy of Hong Kong-California Business Communication Methods. Gould, John W.; McGuire, P. Thomas; Sing, Chan Tsang // Journal of Business Communication;Winter83, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p33
Companies communicating between Hong Kong and California employ seven basic methods: telex, letter, telephone, visit, courier, computer, and telegram. Interviews with 21 managers in Hong Kong and 22 in California reveal the main advantages and disadvantages of these methods and recommend a...
- Residential communications. Pitt, Daniel A. // Hewlett-Packard Journal;Dec97, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the significance of residential communications infrastructure. Factor which makes the residential communications unique and interesting; Distinction between communications within the residence and communications to the residence; Interconnection technology as an important aspect of...
- Only Connect. Shapiro, Walter // American Demographics;Sep99, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p46
Recounts the problems encountered in using several communication technologies in the United States. Factors that cause the problem; Suggestion on how to correct the problem in communication; Information on the number of messages received by an average office.
- Iowa Communications Network on the block. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;2/15/2013, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the decision of the Iowa Telecommunications and Technology Commission (ITTC) to look into the possibility of selling or leasing the Iowa Communications Network (ICN).
- All together now: Voice mail, fax and email. Rosenberg, Arthur M. // Business Communications Review;Nov95, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p60
Presents a discussion on the integration of the different communication services into one huge entity for corporate use. Confusion on communication services' Voice mail systems; Move of telephone call control/management functions into desktop personal computers. INSETS: Who's going to pay for...
- Communication system designed for expansion. // CMA Magazine;Jun90, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p34
Features Meridian 1, a business communication system that provides common hardware and adaptive software for customer applications. Features; Capabilities; Contact information.