Down to Wire for TBS
- Baseball's Royals Put New Sports Net in Play. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p8
Reports on the creation of regional sports network, Royals Television Networks (RTN) LLC by major league Baseball's Kansas City Royals team. Features of the sports network; Number of subscriber of the network; Goal of Royals Television; Effect of RTN on other sports network.
- Close games a lead-off hit. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/20/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 13, p5
Reports on the television broadcasting of Major League Baseball Championship Series games by Fox Television resulting to increased ratings for the station since May 2004. Games and events aired by the network; Competition with other networks; Viewership.
- Cable's Baseball Ratings Fall Off. Umstead, Thomas // Multichannel News;10/16/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p12
Reports the decline in the ratings for baseball coverages by sports cable television networks in the United States. Decrease in ESPN rating despite the addition of games; Reasons for the drop in ratings; Impact of the baseball rights deal on blackout rules; Acquisition of the ESPN post-season...
- STATIC. // Sporting News;10/29/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 44, p4
Reports developments related to sports in television programs in the United States as of October 2001. Grade point ratings for baseball postseason television shows of Fox network; Status of the lawsuit involving ABC television network and National Football League; Quotation from Bill Walton for...
- Big Apple Blowout. Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;10/23/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p15
States that Fox television network in New York has seen an increase in media buyers for its coverage of the all-New York World Series baseball competition. Television station which will broadcast the series; Price for the coverage charges; Details on the issue.
- Local TV and radio lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p26
Presents a chart on Major League Baseball teams' contract with television and radio companies in the United States. Includes the Baltimore Orioles; New York Yankees; Chicago White Sox; Kansas City Royals; Seattle Mariners.
- QUICK TAKES. Worrell, Naomie // Television Week;10/3/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p12
Presents an interview with television personalities about watching baseball game on television and if they will watch the television broadcast of the World Series. Damon Andrews, sports anchor and director of KTLA-TV; Carlos Bernard, actor in the television program "24."
- ABC 'DANCING' TO THE TOP. Kissel, Rick // Daily Variety;10/12/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the top rating that the television program "Dancing With the Stars," on ABC has achieved on the night of October 10, 2006 over its rival networks, like the postseason baseball on Fox and the "Friday Night Lights" on NBC in the U.S. The victory of the Detroit Tigers over...
- WGN adds more subs. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/4/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 43, p20
Reports that Tribune Co. superstation WGN, in Chicago, Illinois, has added more subscribers. Total number of subscribers outside the Chicago area; Increase in primetime viewers by 13 percent in May 2004 due to the popularity of Chicago Cubs games; Demographic gains in primetime.