Rigases Ask High Court To Toss Fraud Convictions
- RIGAS WATCH. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the ruling of a court in the U.S. in June 2005 on a case of fraud filed against Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas and his son Tim Rigas. Prison sentence for John and Tim Rigas; Statement issued by John Rigas regarding their actions; Remarks from Federal Judge Leonard Sands...
- Rating Rigas. Lasswell, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 25, p9
Focuses on the defense given by the supports of the former head of communications firm Adelphia Communications John Rigas during his trial in June 2005 for fraud. Comments made by his supporters about his personality; Response of the Prosecutors about the defense; Type of sentence expected from...
- Cable's Fallen Idol. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;7/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p68
Expresses an opinion on the conviction of John and Tim Rigas, executives at cable company Adelphia Communications. Memories about cable mogul John; Similarities of the fall of the Rigases with a Greek tragedy; Comments on the lack of media attention to the case against John and Tim.
- John, Tim Rigas Report to Serve Prison Sentences. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;8/20/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p9
The article reports that former Adelphia Communications chairman John Rigas and his son, Timothy Rigas, headed to Butner Federal Prison in North Carolina to serve their prison sentences. The Rigases were convicted for 18 counts of fraud and conspiracy in the U.S. District Court for the Southern...
- The Buzz. Linnett, Richard; Kerwin, Ann Marie // Advertising Age;3/8/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 10, p45
Highlights the low media attention on the trial of Adelphia Communications executives John Rigas and his sons Tim and Michael in March 2004, for alleged money embezzlement. Total value of company money used by the Rigases for personal purposes; Investments a properties bought by the Rigases...
- Fall of the House of Rigas: A Timeline. // Multichannel News;6/27/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p59
Details the fraud and conspiracy trial against John Rigas, former founder, chairman and CEO of cable operator Adelphia Communications Corp., and his son Timothy Rigas. Facts of the case; Revelations on the conference call of the company with analysts; Sentences for John and Timothy.
- NO SURRENDER: RIGASES ARRESTED. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p1
Reports the arrest of Adelphia Communications Corp. founder John Rigas and two sons in New York City. Lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against Rigas and executives; Implication of the rebuffed surrender on the political motivation of the arrest.
- The Rigases' 'Perp Walk' Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p44
Focuses on the sensationalism arrest of Adelphia Communication Corp. founder John Rigas, sons, and two former employees in New York City. Implication of planned media arrest on the privacy of the Rigas family; Kind of treatment for the Rigas family on the treatment of Enron Corp. executives;...
- Rigas Redux. // CableFAX Daily;10/28/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 210, p2
The article offers news briefs on cable television as of October 2005. Cable executives John and Tim Rigas are in court for allegations of tax evasion. The transfer of Adelphia's assets to Comcast and Time Warner has been voted on by the New York Public Service commission.