PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010. // CED;Oct2010, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p40
The article offers information on the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010 to be held in New Orleans on October 20 to 22, 2010.
- Zaslav's Discovery Quest. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/10/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 44, p3
The article offers information on the annual Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM) convention that will be held in Boston, Massachusetts, on November 9-11, 2008.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;4/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p15
A calendar of events related to the cable television industry in the U.S. in April 2014 is presented which includes the Cable Show 2014, WICT Signature Luncheon, and Multicultural Breakfast at The Cable Show.
- Cable Politics Make It Hot Time to Gather at Independent Show. Eggerton, John; Farrell, Mike; Gibbons, Kent; Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p6
Information about issues discussed at a combined confab of the American Cable Association (ACA) and the National Cable & Television Cooperative (NCTC) in Baltimore, Maryland from July 25-28, 2010 is presented.
- MAJOR SHOWS. // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p44
The article presents a calendar of events relevant to cable television and the cable television industry of the U.S. from September to November 2007. The 21st annual conference of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications will be held in New York City from September 16 to...
- EVENTS. // Multichannel News;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p44
The article presents a calendar of events relevant to cable television and the cable television industry of the U.S. from August to November 2007. The annual convention of the Wisconsin Cable Communications Association will be held in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin from August 30 to 31. The annual...
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- Comcast Bulks Up. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/11/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the expansion of the partnership between Comcast Media Center (CMC) and SES Americom through a multi-year, multitransponder contract. The contract was intended to help CMC expand its offerings to cable affiliates. It was also meant to enhance and expand CMC's HITS Quantum...
- Comcast, Cablevision Roar in Q1. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/9/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p4
The article focuses on the improved performance of Comcast Cable Communications Inc. in the first quarter of 2011 due to better marketing, service, and products offered to basic-video customers.