READER'S GUIDE TO 'UP-REZZING'
- HDTV steps up to the microphone. Dunford, Keith // Satellite Communications;Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p38
Describes the high definition television (HDTV). How HDTV was brought to the market; Information on HDTV programming; Improvements from digital television.
- DTV's fall from grace. // CED;Sep2000, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the issues that have led to the demise of the digital broadcast television (DTV) business. Evolution of high definition television into the DTV; Reasons for the withdrawal by television receiver manufacturers of planned product introductions; Money issue in converting into radio...
- customer driven? Nixon, Neil // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 40, p5
Comments on the introduction of high definition television (HDTV) in the broadcasting industry in Europe. Actions that will taken by broadcasters to successfully introduce HDTV; Role that will be given to broadcasters regarding programming; Target date of the introduction of HDTV.
- Japanese look for HDTV fare. Herskovitz, Jon // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, pM32
Deals with high definition television (TV) programming in Japan. Penetration of digital TV in Japanese households; Consolidation in the TV industry of Japan; Percentage of foreign TV programs in Japan.
- Cutting edge. Anderson // Broadcasting & Cable;10/04/99, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p41
Highlights developments in the broadcast television and cable television industry. Includes the joint venture of Discovery Channel and Sony in the production of the Discovery Channel Eco-Challenge endurance race; Launch of the Loral Skynet's Telstar 7 satellite; Norway's Tandberg Television's...
- ROUTING. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p76
Focuses on the necessary considerations for upgrading, expanding and replacing an existing routing system. Data rates that need to be supported; Considerations that affected the transition to a digital/high-definition television (HDTV) infrastructure; Methods for customers to bring HD into the...
- Mixed signals. Punter, Jennie // Variety;12/15/2008, Vol. 413 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses the television broadcasting industry switchover February 17, 2009 to digital broadcasting, and the similar switch August 31, 2011 in Canada that is causing Canadians confusion. A consumer survey revealed that many Canadians own high-definition television sets, but don't...
- CONVERSION PRODUCTS. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p96
Discusses how television broadcast facilities can evolve into building a high-definition facility while preserving future options for digital television production and origination. Disadvantages of remaining in SD only; Elements for building a classic hybrid infrastructure.
- CABLE & SATELLITE. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Jun2003, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p66
Presents an update on several cable and satellite high-definition television programs in the U.S. as of June 2003. HBO-HDTV; Discovery HD Theater; ESPN HD.
- 'First service' for BBC HD. O'Halloran, Joe // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2005, p10
Provides information on the first high-definition project of BBC Sport network at Devonshire Park in Eastbourne, England with its outside broadcast unit. Revolution of the company's high definition television; Overview of its outside broadcast unit; Challenges facing the broadcaster's outside...