TV BUSINESS SHOULD DRIVE PLAYBOY'S 3Q
- Playboy invests in Macau manse. Frater, Patrick // Daily Variety;8/9/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on Playboy Enterprises' plan to invest $5 million in the Playboy Mansion Macao. The project is being built in the Macao Studio City gambling and entertainment complex in Macau. According to Playboy Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Christie Hefner, there are both licensing...
- ON CHICAGOBUSINESS.COM. // Crain's Chicago Business;1/17/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p4
The article offers business news briefs from the U.S. Stocks of Playboy Enterprises Inc. jumped 17 percent on news that majority owner Hugh Hefner won board approval to acquire Chicago, Illinois-based entertainment provider. Chicago, Illinois-based private equity firm GTCR LLC has said that it...
- SHOWBIZ STOCKS. // Daily Variety;2/11/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 33, p6
This article presents information on trends in the stocks of several companies related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. Some of the companies listed are, Napster Inc., Playboy Enterprises Inc., Activision Inc., Cablevision Systems Corp., Comcast Corp. and others.
- Playboy takes off. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;06/07/99, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p3
Looks into the improvement in the stock value of Playboy Enterprises Inc. based in Chicago, Illinois. Oversubscription of a public offering of 2.5 million shares in the spring of 1999; Problems encountered by Playboy in its previous effort to improve its stock value.
- Playboy becomes a sexy buy. Borden, Jeff // Electronic Media;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p26
Focuses on investor interest for the cable technology improvements of Playboy Enterprises Inc. which improved the price of its stocks. Total earnings of the firm in 1998; Prediction of the company's stocks to hit $50 in 18 months.
- Slots and Suds. von Hoffman, Nicholas // New Republic;6/20/81, Vol. 184 Issue 25, p10
Focuses on needs for intelligent investment in stocks and bonds. Reference to the incident of murder of Roger Wheeler, chief executive officer of Telex Inc.; Statement that he murder has been an example of organized crime; Suggestion that inappropriate management of money has been the reason...
- Playboy misses porn market shift. Mullman, Jeremy // Crain's Chicago Business;8/23/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p22
Chicago, Illinois-based Playboy Enterprises Inc.'s shares fell 47% during the past six months as its television and video unit missed a major technology-driven shift in the porn market. The adult entertainment conglomerate, best known for its signature magazine, bet heavily that TV and video...
- ANALYST ON PLAYBOY: BUY THE BUNNY. // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p33
The article reports that Jefferies & Co. media analyst Robert Routh has maintained his "buy" rating on adult content provider Playboy Enterprises Inc. after the firm posted stronger-than-expected earnings in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2006. Playboy reported net income of $1.1 million in...
- Industry stocks. // Multichannel News;10/04/99, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p50
Presents share prices of firms in the communications industries at the close of trading on September 29, 1999. Spotlight on Playboy Enterprises Inc. INSET: Analyst hikes ISP ratings..